Upgrading from Kanta 1s to Kanta 2s - maybe

I would love to do that but the room configuration doesn’t really allow for that. So for now they are both in the corner-lol - so we’ll see how that goes. I do use a foam bung (supplied with the speakers) in the rear ports and i don’t notice any bass blooming or dissonance.

Lol… I have a 3 year old and an eight year old. So far they’ve been really good about the speakers (had them about 9 months). But with the No 2s the little one was “fascinated” with the from port at the bottom :grimacing:. So that could be an issue if I keep them… I’ll have to think of a suitable punishment for him if he goes near them again :wink:

1 Like

Looks much better and I hope it sounds much better to, I’d say it looks promising. If the K1’s work well, your money might be better into moving up to the NDX2, which matches really well with the SN2. Or enjoying the free upgrade by moving furniture.

I have recently been looking at the Kanta line and have stumbled across some deals hard not to let go. You mentioned the difference in SQ between the 1’s and 2’s was less of an improvement than you expected. If both units were similar in price would you have still chosen the 1’s with your room set up?

Hmmm… that’s tough. It’s not just about the sound for me, it’s also how they fit into the room. And I like the fact that while the 1s aren’t exactly portable they’re certainly movable. The 2s are heavy and need two people to move them to another room really.

Purely on sound. Yes, I would have the 2s… if the price were similar. It does provide a fuller sound, and that extended bass is feels/sounds good with certain music. For me I’m looking at a $2k difference so it’s not so straight forward.

@Mhitchi Weren’t you using a ND5X2 and Qutest dac? How is your entire system now? Your system is the direction I’m leaning towards. Kanta1 over 2’s for size/small space, or if I’m lucky the Titan 505’s look promising or the B&W 805D3.

I went with the Kanta 2’s Nina small room and I’m blown away! Best speakers I’ve ever owned or listened to

4 Likes

Curious… What amp are you using to drive the 2s? Also how for out from the wall are your speakers?

I run my Kanta 2 on 252/SupercapDr/300Dr/NDX2/555Dr … just noticed this thread.What I learnt is that the Kanta 2 needs quite some room to breath. I have them also a bit further from the back wall.

Iver

1 Like

@IvdZ, wow your system has grown-up rather quickly!

I’ve started with the NAC152/NAP155 combo with a Flatcap XS. I’m sure the Kanta’s would like some more space, but my room size doesn’t give me much to work with.

1 Like

Yes, it did. With a real busy job, my hifi is really the « thing » that relaxes me. I love listening. Almost with the set where I want to have it: want to look into better speakercables and maybe interconnects. Also the speakers might be the weaker link now so sometimes thinking to look for Sonus Faber, Vivid or Focal Utopia. We’ll see :slight_smile:

Iver

1 Like

I’m with you. Makes coming home from work enjoyable.

2 Likes

Work? What is this?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.