Upgrading my 2x500gb HDX to SSD

After searching I already find ver 1.7c in a Germany website, already updated

Hi Neil:

Does this include the 2x500Gb HDX? Any rough idea how long this support will last?

Also, please comment on the availability of the 1.7c firmware update mentioned above - it’s not on the official NAIM website(?)

If your 500GB version fails, yes we will still repair it with a single 2TB version & transfer your music*.

You can get the 1.7c upgrade from our support guys, support@naimaudio.com.

If we change your drive to 2TB, you will loose your internal backup drive.

*corrupt albums/drives will not be copied & original HDDs will be returned if we cannot extract all the data.

Regards
Neil.

Yes, it would be nice to have access to some better lookup information. I find some of the CDs in my current database are getting “updated” with the incorrect album cover(?)

What database is now used in the 1.7c update?

It’s the same as 1.7b, but 1.7b tries AMG first and AMG has closed so there is no response. If one of the others respond it should be ok, but if none of them have the data then it gets queued as a job for later and this queue can get out of hand. Also waiting for the AMG response to time out makes metadata lookup very slow when you rip. 1.7c deletes AMG and resolves the pointless job queue for AMG, plus some other bug fixes.

I think 1.7c uses Rovi, MusicBrainz and FreeDB but I’m not certain about that. It’s a while since I had a US, and the definitive info is lost in the hopeless indexing of the archive of the old forum…

Best

David

I don’t think you’ll get better metadata from the 1.7c update, it just omits the attempted AMG lookup that causes a delay, and goes straight to Rovi/Musicbrainz, as David says. Unfortunately Rovi doesn’t always have the correct metadata, or identity an album correctly, so there will always be occasions when you need to add or correct it yourself. At least it’s quick and easy to do this.

Yes, I’ve noticed that the AMG lookup take over a minute. This doesn’t sound like a long time, but when you’re watching your rip it seems like an eternity!

Yes, it’s worth doing the update for that reason, even though the delay isn’t huge.

My HDX 500gb was faulty HDD.
Do anyone help my creat a image disk for restoring system
Thanks

You will have to send it back to Naim for a service. Many people have asked before you for the disc image and it is simply not available.
Best

David

It would be good to understand the difference between naim 2tb harddrives and ssds and the literally thousands of models available on line?

I can only guess because of how old these servers are perhaps it has a different sector size or something?

Not certain that I am fully understanding your point. The issue with the Unitiserve hard disc is that the operating system is stored on it. That’s why you can’t just put another hard disc into a Unitiserve, even an identical HD to the original, because you also need the operating system image, which is not available.

Best

David

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.