Using 12v trigger with Naim NNP02?

Hi and thanks for letting me into the community.
I bought a Naim NNP02 at a really good price and I think it sounds great. I run a Sonos system with a Port and a Hegel HD20 as signal to the Naim. However I find it cumbersome to run the Naim with the app controller and I have no other way to reach it. Would it be possible to connect it to the 12v trigger on the Port and make it “wake-up” just by doing so?

BR
Johan

I think the trigger port is “out” rather than “in”, at least according to the very brief documentation.

This also might be useful to you. Naim NNP02 - what is that? - #6 by ChrisBell

Thanks for a prompt answer. I have also seen that the doc says that it is to start other 12v products. However I thought that it might work the other way around as well. Could the product be damaged if I give it a try? Other possible solutions would be to get a remote control but I don´t know what it takes to make that work. The problem with the app remote is that the NNP02 needs a cable to be connected to the WiFi and i don´t have that possibility in a convenient way. Another solution could be to connect my DAC directly to some line in directly to the amp but I don´t think that is possible either. If I can not solve this reasonably conveniently I will consider to let it go and get another amp despite the fact I think it sounds very good.

BR
Johan

BR
Johan

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.