Variable volume in NDX 2

Only time I use variable volume is if listening via headphones. As my headphone amp does not have a remote. And once listening, I’m too lazy to get up and change the volume.
I only tweak the volume though. I.e. down to say 90 %. Cant say I’ve noticed a quality change.

Yes. That makes sense. It is essentially officially saying that Apple certification requirement is not properly met.

I have used it within 70% to 100% with a Preamp. Honestly I have not heard any quality degradation. But obviously it will depend a lot on the actual Media content, quality of the Media format, etc.

I try it on a non naim amp (camp amp pass labs) It sounds OK but back to my SN3 the sound is more complete and tight. So not only direct to the power amp.

For now i also test it with the pre amp part of the SN3 to the non naim power amp. This is the best of two worlds.

Wear as the camp amp is just 8 watt, i’m looking for a more powerful power amp to insert in this system (like the pass Labs XA30.8)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.