Various issues with NDX 2

Hi @ASF

To help break down the problem:

1. Do you have any issues streaming from local sources like a NAS?

2. On internet radio are there some stations that are robust and don’t drop out. I would suggest try streaming Radio Paradise from Naim’s Choice as they now have CDN’s in many countries and USA is their home ground.

In the meantime I’ll leave a device running with Streamer trace enabled while playing WSMR to see if they have any server load issues. eg. Some times of the day they have too many listeners and the server is hitting bandwidth issues.

Best

Steve

Steve:

Thanks for your reply. We have absolutely no issues streaming from our NAS (QNAP TS-453Be). Our recent experience with the other station I previously mentioned (Venice Classic Radio) seems much improved. We have listened to Radio Paradise before without problems. I will try it again.

I would note that WSMR is broadcast by WUSF (from University of South Florida) which is just up the road in Tampa. I found a link on their website where one can (supposedly) send emails about streaming issues. Unfortunately, my email to them bounced back, but I will try to reach out directly to them tomorrow.

Thanks so much for the onoging help.

Aaron

Steve:

At long last, I think the solution is at hand!!! I reached out directly to WSMR this morning. Their chief engineer returned my call and – much to my surprise – he indicated that he was well aware of the problem! Apparently, at sometime in the past, they changed their streaming website from an unsecured to secured site. He said that he has learned of numerous streaming players that don’t deal well with the https:// format, typically dropping the signal even more frequently than we are experiencing.

He suggested that we take avail of an alternate link by which we can more reliably connect with their stream. I have attached a copy of his email with these details. Can you remind me how to set this up (and let me know which of the two links I should use)?

Thanks so much for all of your help.

Aaron!

Hi Aaron,

I’ve just extracted the URL that VTuner use and it’s:
http://playerservices.streamtheworld.com/api/livestream-redirect/WSMRFM_ADP_SC

Which in my case then went to this edge server:
http://16813.live.streamtheworld.com/WSMRFM_ADP_SC

VTuner reference the 256kbit AAC stream - which sounds reasonable.

I’ve taken a look at the URL proposed in your post. That is a super low bitrate stream. 64kbit MP3 at 22kHz sample rate. It’s virtually unusable for a classic channel as sound hooooorible.

If you do want to add it then under Internet Radio->Added Stations, take a note of your VTuner ID, then go to Naim.Vtuner.com. enter your VTuner ID, then create a VTuner account and add it as an ‘Added Station’. Don’t favorite it.

Best

Steve

Steve:

I must admit, I am now lost! :slight_smile: I would like to setup the 256KBIT AAC stream that you reference but am now confused as to whether this is possible and if so how to accomplish this. Would I use the same process you describe but use the “edge server” link you provided?

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

Email me on steve.harris(at)naimaudio.com and I’ll get your unit setup with some test streams to try. Could you also email me your vtuner id, which is shown under Internet Radio->Added Stations.

Thanks

Steve

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.