Vinyl cleaning services

Agreed. Top speed for me is about 10 in an hour on the Pro-Ject VCS. That’s with LP’s in good condition. Really old, dirty records need a longer soak and more scrubbing and may take 10mins each.

As others have said, most members on this forum with a vinyl collection will use their own RCM. We use a VPI 16.5 wet record cleaner which works a treat and was recommended by our Naim dealer.

Having said that, Analogue Seduction have always been vey good people to deal with from my experience over 10+ years. They are Naim dealers and on occasion have helped with new turntables and factory servicing of our Naim boxes.

Alternatively, Chris Harris at Theme One Records is absolutely delightful and has an encyclopaedic knowledge of music. His prices are also very fair. Contact details can be tricky to find on-line, so do an internet search on “Theme One Records stylus vinyl show” and you should find what you need. Chris often supports dealers like the Hifi Lounge and Signals when they have major open days and Naim events.

Finally, it’s a good idea to keep static electricity, old dust and new dust at bay once your records have been cleaned. Anti-static record sleeves make a lot of sense. The Nagaoka 102 record sleeves are both inexpensive (50p each) and very good.

Hope this helps, BF

1 Like

Vinylene Farnham offer ultrasonic cleaning and record flattening service

2 Likes

£3 a record seems expensive when others will do it for £2 and include a sleeve

At about £2 a record including sleeve?

Cheaper than about £300 plus quality fluid. Goat hair brush etc…

Thanks mickdale, reasonably local to me too.

1 Like

Depending on how many lp’s you own . . .
If there are lp’s you’re not going to play, then no need to clean them.
Otherwise, a process where you clean as you play is pretty painless. Clean the lp that’s ‘next in the play list’ and just keep it going . . . This got me listening to a lot of albums.

Yes. I write on the inner sleeve the date the record was cleaned and a tally of how many times it has been played since the last clean.

1 Like

I find some scale benefits to doing a bunch at a time (especially in cleaning the many brushes afterwards).

I wait until I have at least four that need cleaning to do it. I did my entire collection a few years back and that took a few weekends to go through. :grin:

You could always enjoy a pint or 2 or a scotch while cleaning .:beer::tumbler_glass:

Scott

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.