Vinyl Reissues - Sorting the Wheat From the Chaff (contd.)

The case rests m’lud

images.jpeg
:heart:

2 Likes

FR, only one Speakers Corner reissue (an Alan Parsons record) had any digital in it. All their records are 100% analogue. You say you had ones that you sold because they sounded digital. They were not. You might not like the sound of them but that doesn’t mean they were digital.

Most Classics were also 100% analogue. I would be interested to know which Classic (or Pure Pleasures for that matter) you had that you thought were sourced from digital files…

2 Likes

From memory : Led Zeppelin 2. Classic
Taj Mahal, PP. Bill Withers, Speakers Corners. Nina Simone and piano, SC.

The Doobie Brothers - The Captain and Me. This album always takes me back to my first trip across the US back in 1974. My dad was tuned into the many local rock stations in the car and it was a relay from one Howard Johnson’s to the next… This reissue from Speakers Corner is fantastic and a clear step of two up on my U.K. original. Cut by Kevin Gray and pressed at Pallas. Only moan is the usual fuzziness and upped contrast on the sleeve artwork. Otherwise wonderful!

5 Likes

Thanks Richard . Following your rec I went to buy a copy from PP/SC website, but now out of stock. Did you get yours from that site?

I bought it from Scott Nangle along with a bunch of others. Delivered 2 days later.

1 Like