Vinyl releases on pre order

Yes looking forward to the Don Cherry very much and love to own the Go West box set a little pricey at the moment though I’d be very interested to hear how it sounds as I could be persuaded to shell out I’m a huge Roy DuNann fan.

I have 70s Contemporary reissues of both (pre-OJC), the AP 45 of Contemporary Leaders and a couple Way Out West reissues (AP and Craft). I don’t usually double dip on remaster/reissues but these are favorites. I may just keep the best and sell off the others (but not the originals).

I’m guilty of buying several different remasters of favourite recordings with the intention of selling my least favourites I never do though.

I’d be really interested in hearing your thoughts on the best value for money copies of Go West that you own as I may try one of those first I’m committed to buying an awful lot of vinyl already this year and a cheaper alternative might have to do for now.

1 Like

Lee Morgan - Infinity, BN/Tone Poet (2023)

4 Likes

Duke Pearson - The Right Touch, BN/Tone Poet (2023)

3 Likes

These things happen in the music world.

Does anyone else remember the ‘Joyce Hatto’ kerfuffle about a dozen years ago?

Excellent new all analog series from Blue Note teaming up with Third Man Records the 313 Series will feature Detroit based releases

1 Like

Really looking forward to all of these 313 releases I’ve not been able to pre order them in the U.K. yet if anyone finds an outlet selling these in the U.K. please post here.

the question is: will they be good? (According to price and pressing quality)

The series will be overseen by Blue Note owner Don Was a Detroit native the Third Man Verve by Request reissues I’ve bought have all been very good so fingers crossed.

Don Was is president i believe, owned by Capital Music?

1 Like

So he also oversees the Classic Series? :upside_down_face:

Either buy it or don’t I don’t care I’m not a Blue Note cheerleader why not read the article and find out yourself.

It sounded like you are Head of Marketing at BN :wink:

2 Likes

I wish I was it would beat laying bricks.

Tenderlonious - You Know I Care, 22a Records (2023)

I bet that makes you sore :wink:

1 Like

I bet nobody else here will be buying this looking at some of these albums but just pre-ordered Marduk’s new album “Memento Mori” due 1st Sept. Not everyone’s cup of tea of course but a great BM band imho

Two new Blue Note Classic Series

Tony Williams - Spring

Cecil Taylor - Unit Structures

5 Likes

I’m really looking forward to these. Unit Structures is one of the best avant-garde jazz albums of the 60s. Tony Williams Spring is awesome too.

I really hope that Cecil Taylor Conquistador, Don Cherry Complete Communion and Tony Williams Lifetime become Tone Poet release. That would round these two out beautifully.

2 Likes