Visiting Copenhagen

Will be there for a few days and know very little about Copenhagen, save what’s on the internet tourist bits.

Anyone have any personal/good suggestions for a family visit? In rainy weather…:wink:

I think @badger1963 has just been to Copenhagen

Lots of really good jazz clubs to go to. Great architecture and plenty of restaurants. I worked out there for a few months and really enjoyed it.

1 Like

I will gather my thoughts. Went a couple of weeks ago, second visit in a couple of years. Mind you no kids in tow. Will post again later…

1 Like

I’m sure Peter @Stenberg could give some suggestions for your visit.

If you’re with the family then a visit to the Tivoli gardens is an obvious choice.

1 Like

Cheers for that Keith, may be easier to ping me an email if you get the chance?

Will do!

is in top 3 of my favourite European cities together with Rome and Edinburgh, have a nice stay

1 Like

I can recommend Explore science in Experimentarium and https://www.heycaptain.dk.

Zoo is also a possibility

1 Like

I was there with a group of work colleagues a few years ago. The Carlsberg museum is probably the best of its type (pun intended!) but it was very interesting. Tivoli Gardens should be a hoot for the whole family. Maybe sounds a bit naff but we went on a river/ canal cruise which I found a great way to take in much of the town in a short time period. Its a lovely place to dander around - they don’t half embrace getting around by bicycle.

Peter

2 Likes

Not for young kids, but when I was there at a conference a few years ago, a colleague and I went walkabout in the anarchist zone there, which iirc is called Christiania.

A fascinating place.

We talked to some of the locals and picked up the flavour of the place, a bit of how it is to live there, and why it was created, and a little bit about how it works.

1 Like

Sad to see one of Copenhagen’s landmark buildings has suffered a bad fire yesterday and the distinctive dragon spire of the stock exchange has been destroyed.

Image from wikipedia.

4 Likes

Yep, we were stood outside it (covered in scaffolding) the exact same time last Tuesday!