Vitus integrated amp v 552/500

Ryder, I am as puzzled as you- we have got a neutral amp driving a to my ears very neutral pair of speakers?! :thinking: ATB Peter

Never said i am getting rid of my speakers and as for the dealer trying to push me into more buying, then thats not true, he suggested that i would be better to change speakers than go for the sia030, when i asked about the 030. He said the fact 12’s are a good speaker but there are better ones, that work better with the vitus, he has tried loads over the years and knows what works best, he also said to keep them for now and probably look at changing them in few years time, as i haven’t gad them long and need to get my value out off them more first.

Also i didn’t really expect the integrated amp would be as good as the naim, let alone better. The dealer assured me it wouldn’t be a problem and just try it and see for myself, he was very confident, much more than i was and i can see why now, looking on his business site and the vitus owners site, it looks like there are loads of x naim guys ( over 100) using it these days and quite a few have had the full monty naim systems.

But i am not going to tell you all, that you need to swap as with all these things you need to try yourself, but one day you might just fancy a change and if so give it a go, as it might just stop uou dead in your tracks.

5 Likes

Maybe, but i liked the pmc fact 12’s the first time i heard them, and got to say they have never sounded this good and very happy with them, they have grown massively with this, so much wider and the extra details coming out off them on tracks i know very well are at times making me doudle check the track. Its a little crazy really

Dont worry dave, i am not about to start going down that slippery slope anytime soon, but i must admit that i wasn’t expecting to be changing my 500 kit anytime soon, but then things like this come along and question what you have been doing.
The really good and its the first time its ever happened to me, i will get an upgrade and money back, now thats a first as usually at this level, it means adding ÂŁ10k plus lol

But honesty try one, you have nothing to lose

2 Likes

Peter the extra details, the clarity and the width of the music ( soundstage? ) has just gone on to a much higher level, its not a small difference at all and most would say the dreaded, night and day difference, but it is so much more alive and makes me think my 500 kit is broken, when i know its not as it was DR’ed and serviced in 2017

1 Like

And the other aspect to take into consideration : Is the room can handle better or bigger speakers than Fact 12?
Even if the Vitus can handle bigger speakers, it’s ridiculous from a dealer to say that the Fact 12 are limiting the capacities of the SIA 25.
I suspect some desire to only make money…

2 Likes

Dunc, was that statement really necessary…:roll_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ATB Peter

The ones the dealer had in mind cost less than the fact 12’ plus they are slightly smaller than the pmc’s.
It looks like i have found another pmc fact 12 owner with a sia 025, so that makes 2 lol, one day it will be interesting to see what his recommend speakers can do, but for now i dont or going down that road, richard is going to pop up soon to check my system out and make sure all is working as it should, so will be interesting to see what he thinks then.

1 Like

Sorry

Just played a live version off hotel California on the rega P10, dont know what to say it has just shocked me, so bloody good, even the wife joined me and thats just wrong lol

3 Likes

You must be a mighty quick typist to find any time to play music :wink:

.sjb

Just Googled used Vitus sia 025 and on another forum an owner was trying to sell his from June last year and sold it for ÂŁ9000 in January this year.

2 Likes

To buy Naim amps? :rofl::star_struck:

Yes i know paul, he makes racks, now gone active speakers

@Dunc. Well I for one congratulate you on your new amp! I do think though that you really need to get that beast out in the open so it can breathe, heat build up is very detrimental for Class A amps!
And I’m curious what cables you’re currently using? I suspect at some point you may want to revisit. Again best wishes.

The Avalon’s and Tidals both have a good reputation, but I can’t see me abandoning the Shahinians for them or anything. I will try and get a demo of the SIA030 with streaming DAC though.

Just a thought but have you tried the stillpoints under the 500? I use stillpoint minis under amps and really like what they do.

1 Like

Mk1 or 2?

1 Like

No idea where people are getting this idea that there is a recent trend away from multibox systems to low box count integrated solutions.

This has always been the case. All in one music centres were more popular than anything else since the 60s. Receivers and all in one electronics always outsold towers of seperates since time eternal. When I was in the trade in the 90s, integrated amps were 90% of all amp sales. Seperate pre/power combinations were niche then as they are now. And the massively popular receivers of the 70s and 80s are just the Unitis of today.

With the massive drop in home ownership and increase in rented apartments, the shift has been less away from bulti-box separates to integrated amps amd more towards buying nothing at all except an iPhone dock.

I suspect, recent events may lead people to reevaluate the drawbacks of cramped urban living. As we become more isolated, a person’s home will become their castle once more. We may actually see a resurgence in proper hifi in the years to come. Assuming musicians still get together to jam and make decent records.

6 Likes

When I had a Musical Fidelity P270, which was heavily biased into class A, IIRC it was running something like 300W when idle, and the huge heatsinks were too hot to touch, and whole amp top barely touchable. Because of that I used to turn it off when not in use, and switch on whenever possible half an hour to an hour before use, which is all it needed to get up to running temperature - but on occasions I ran from cold I can’t say I was disappointed with the sound.