Vitus integrated amp v 552/500

I know a few have sold up and moved over to vitus and so probably not on here anymore, but there must also be a few that have tried or heard the vitus sia 25 or 30 integrated amp and would like to hear about it.

I have read quite a few reviews and realize that the sound is different to naim, as in no so forward, but as i said i had never even heard of vitus, let alone heard one, but been told i should try one in my system, so with nothing to lose why not? Or am i wasting my time and the guy thatā€™s bringing it up.

1 Like

Dunc,

Iā€™d be very interested to see how you get on. A while back I tried the RI-101 which is the range below the SIA; I read much on the dealers site about how people were swapping in their Naim for Vitus and I expected it would have knocked my (at the time) 282/supercapDR/200 for six.

Bottom line for me was that it didnā€™t come close for emotion and enjoyment and I found the volume control very annoying, as basically, it was controlled by an Apple remote and clicked quite loudly with every increment it moved up or down. To be honest, I just found it disappointing and uninvolving.

Now it wasnā€™t the SIA 25/30, which may be a completely different animal and if some are giving up their 552/500 to go with Vitus, then I suspect either they are just looking for something different or the SIA is leagues ahead of the RI-101 and maybe the SIA is the model to go for?

So I for one will be interested to see how you get on.

2 Likes

I wonder is there a thread on the Vitus forum where people discus moving to Naim to get some added excitement and a decent remoteā€¦

.sjb

10 Likes

I dont know what to expect if honest, as had naim amplifiers for ever.
Its just that now i have the rossini, its its opened up my opinion on other stuff and after a conversation i had a while back and basically was told my naim 500/552 was holding back the rossini and that i should look at other stuff, i was taken back by it and so said prove it.
This brings me to next week and the vitus sia 25, which he reckons it will knock my naim out the room, he also said its a different sound, one thats not false?, well i guess we will see, bit it will certainly need to be good to beat it and then will i like the sound?

The sia is certainly much better than the RI 101 and the 30 is even better again, but it looks like most go from the 500 series to the sia 25 and if it is this good, then a one box solution that costs less than the 500dr sounds to good to be true.

1 Like

I shall be following this with great interest with a 552 and 2x 555 PSs just gone off to Naim, as the system has been going increasingly off for the last couple of months. Would love to hear the 030 vs 552/500 back to back through Fact 12s. Anyhow Covid 19 has financially thrown a spanner in the works right now, so for the moment I shall try not to put myself through a ā€˜ Pie in the sky- teaseā€™.
I had a long chat to Varyat about this a week ago, as he has made that exact move recently. Maybe we could tempt him out of this World wide lock-down for an in depth and considered write up?! :nerd_face: ATB Peter

1 Like

Nah Peter. What you need is a Nait 2.

Only joking. Keep the faith, BF

5 Likes

Dunc, it costs nothing to try, so you have nothing to lose; perhaps the SIA 25 really is way ahead of the RI-101?

One thing is for sure, thereā€™s only one way to find out (ā€¦and Iā€™m not suggesting the Harry Hill method here :wink:).

1 Like

The trouble comes if you like it a lot - and donā€™t have the resources to get it!

1 Like

Well thats not a problem as the 500 and 552 are worth more than the 025, so it could be a free upgrade. Really a free upgrade, that canā€™t be right lol.
The 030 i would need to add to the pot, but at the same time my speakerā€™s would also need to go, as they would be holding the 30 back, or so i was told, and not going down that road.
But for now only really interested in the 025 and what it can offer

1 Like

@varyat has both, 552/500 and now SIA 30.
I am myself interested by this thread and waiting for Dunc feedbacks.

1 Like

Hi Dunc. I am unsure why Fact 12s would hold the 030 back, was that a dealer comment? ATB Peter

1 Like

He has only got the Vitus 030 now FR :+1:t3: ATB Peter

3 Likes

If you google tap Vitus vs Naim, you can find easily the Lotus hifi forum, where a lot are relating their experience from Naim to Vitus.

2 Likes

A few years ago while I was climbing the 500 & DR ladder
I noticed a common theme of people that were relatively new to Naim and went straight in at 252/552 & 300/500 weā€™re moving towards Vitus integrated and at the lower end of their range
While those long timers that progressed from the likes of 32.5/135ā€™s were sticking with Naim
The chap in Wales I bought my 552 from had climbed the Naim ladder from the mid 80ā€™s and compared the Master series Pre before buying the Statement pre
The master series is priced similarly to the Statement

There is the Design Studio range, I donā€™t know much about this nor the pricing, itā€™s said to be cost no object although I feel it probably is an object for most of us here

Lyndon

2 Likes

Hi Dunc,
Nothing to be lost from trying a Vitus, itā€™s a brand that can also lay claim to being an iteration of ā€˜the bestā€™ and you may well find itā€™s up your street. Or maybe not. If itā€™s not too confusing Iā€™d also throw Soulution into the mix as another take on ā€˜bestā€™. I recently heard DCS Rossini and clock through Soulution 500 series pre/power vs ND555, 552, 500 and the choice IMO would simply come down to personal preference. Each has unique strengths and I could very happily live with either I think.

1 Like

Iā€™m auditioning the Aavik U380 vs my nap500, nac552. I think Iā€™m going to be boxing up the Naim. Has the Prat and very musical.

I feel like Iā€™m breaking up with girl friend. Iā€™ve had all Naim for 30 years.

Keeping naim CD player

2 Likes

Not that looks count but that unit is not to prettyā€¦

ā€¦Iā€™m sure it sounds fantastic however, enjoy!

1 Like

I just canā€™t get past the Vitus advertising -

You want to go that extra mile. So what do you do? Raise the bar? Raise the stakes? Your cabin offers a view of the world. It seems endless. You steer your yacht to the horizon, firing up the engines yet another time. That entire horsepower makes the propellers cleave through the water. Speed increases rapidly. Those few extra knots give you a sense of bliss. The sun reflects in your sunglasses. The vast water breathes freedom. Alone on the world? Not quite. The dolphins along the yacht exchange glances and confirm your determination. Thereā€™s only one way; the path to elevated performance. Youā€™re sailing right into the direction of the SIA-025 Integrated Amplifier.

This type of descriptions bring to mind the old chestnut ā€œa fool and his money are easily partedā€.

Not that Iā€™m saying Naim is the one true way, I have moved on from Naim for my front digital end some time ago but I saw no Dolphins swimming alongside.

.sjb

5 Likes

The Advik looks awesome! It can be fed with great phono too.
Get us informed.

1 Like

Bluesfan is right. Nait 2 is the way

5 Likes