Volume bug in latest Naim control app?

Just fired up UQ2 - anyway opening the iOS app - volume was at the level of the unit - not max.
Would that likely provide some idea on the iOS app?

1 Like

I’m sure they’ll find it useful for troubleshooting. I’ll pass it along. Thanks :+1:

1 Like

Beta testers will likely have a cross section of different streamers, first gen, second gen and NC.
Unable to comment further, in accordance with the direction given regarding beta testing.

1 Like

But they haven’t refused support. They gave me a case number and are looking into it. And they admitted to an oversight in testing rather than BSed me. As far as I tell, they are supporting the issue until they say otherwise.

2 Likes

The iOS 7.0 App was beta tested on NDS, NDX, Qb1 and very likely other legacy platform streamers. Why Naim would say it hadn’t been tested is a mystery, because it has. The beta testers have all sorts of equipment.

Also on 272 and SuperUniti, speaking personally.

Thanks folks.

If there’s a gap in reviewing Android functionality I’m happy to help. I don’t just complain! :laughing:

Hi All,
I’d just like to chime in and mention a couple of things.
Firstly, apologies for this issue - unfortunately it is a bug that has slipped through the net. In this case, we have already identified the cause of this one and are working on a fix that will be addressed in an upcoming update.

More importantly, I’d like to clarify that we do absolutely test the app updates against a wide range of older products. We still support all of these, and the app will support these units going forward.
For a little bit of a context, right here in the test office we have the following legacy units to hand (and many more in other offices if we needed anything else!):
NDX, NDS, 172, 272, UnitiLite, UnitiQute, UnitiQute2, NaimUniti, NaimUniti 2, Uniti2, SuperUniti, HDX and UnitiServe.

We make an effort to use different legacy products during each test cycle, so we’re not always using the same ones. I appreciate that these are still great sounding units, and we want these to last and provide enjoyment for as many years as possible!

Hope that helps clarify things a little. I will have a chat with tech support to make sure we’re all on the same page.

Thanks,
Paul

11 Likes

Excellent. I had every confidence there would be a solution emerging.

As to the other, yes, maybe best to ensure some internal understanding and alignment. The response I got was pretty unambiguous about not being able to test on older products but I consider that miscommunication a cosmetic issue and was sure the issue would (and was) be identified. The support staff replied quickly and asked for help to demonstrate the issue for them so overall I think it was pretty decent and efficient support experience.

1 Like

Hi Paul

Thanks so much for the post and clarification. Really excellent news.

J

Good to see a SuperUniti in there :smile:

Still a fab bit of kit, and we’re procrastinating on our office system direction, so it may be in use for some time!