VTuner needs to be updated

Hi,
I read in a previous post from Stevesky (August 23) that VTuner would bring an update to make the French Canadian ICI network available. Still nothing to date for ICI Premiere Montreal and ICI Musique Montreal. Do you have any feedback as when it will be fixed?
(Mu-so Qb gen 1)
Regards.
Alain

@Stevesky

Hi,
For months, vtuner has still not worked for the ICI Premiere and Musique channels (Montreal). It’s frustrating… Any news ? How to bypass vtuner ?

1 Like

Many ways that should be obvious depending on your system. airplay or chromecast directly from the station or your phone.

Hi Claus,
Yes I know. In the meantime, I connect to the website (ICI Premiere Montreal) and then via my phone/bluetooth to the device. But it’s an awkward detour instead of just choosing a preset station. This device is designed to connect to thousands of internet radio stations but simply doesn’t work for the stations I want. There are several other internet radio providers competing with vtuner. Is it possible to change the configuration of my device so that it connects to another provider?

1 Like

I am experiencing the same issues. I wish we could bypass vTuner and integrate an app like TuneIn. I’m finding I use the Naim app less and less to access content.

1 Like

@Stevesky : do you have any feedback on this matter ?

@stevesky : Vtuner does not respond to my requests…

Hopefully not TuneIn, they have recently dropped most of my favourite channels (e.g. local public radio is not available anymore).

Indeed, the grass is not always greener on the other side. Linn users for example had issues with Tunein in the past, such as when BBC stations suddenly stopped working due to a change of format by the BBC.

1 Like

Yes tuneIn at least on my Dynaudio small streamer never has gotten over the updates to BBC. bbc radio4 and most likely the other bbc stations apart from world service is no longer available.
Since the current implementation does not support series of programs and there are no way to fast forward or speed up the programs, I suppose many of us use whatever app is developped at least from the big national stations. but having the live radio streams available at all times like before 2024 would be nice, and a responsible company that actually solves their problems an also tries this very new thing called communication when this cannot be done fast.

The best solution is to use an open source system such as Lyrion Music Server as the streaming hub. Using this, my QB2 can access a wide selection of sources, eg. Radio France FIP, or maybe Global UK stations:

1 Like

Here’s my Mu-so qb2 playing a radio stream (ndr 1)) via Lyrion Music Server, and displaying the Music & Artist Information screen for the current track. What more could anyone want?!

1 Like

And you are happy with how it sounds? I believe that was your first initial concern, given the difficulties in getting to hear one before purchase.

Yes - nice sound (very similar to the Ikea Sonos Symfonisk Frame, at least to my old ears!). If only there were a nice light grey cover for it - not too keen on electric blue or terracotta. Maybe olive would fit the decor better!

Both are available on TuneIn. You could use a different streaming sources hub, such as Lyrion Music Server.

But Ici musique Montreal is working for me: