Watch "Entry Naim System: Nait 5Si & CD5Si Review" on YouTube

Don’t think this has been posted, only came out today

9 Likes

Nice review I’ve subscribed to his channel

2 Likes

Great review I thought also Stu - very honest I thought highlighting their strengths and slight weakness’s at their price points

1 Like

I hadn’t appreciated that the entry point for Naim separates is now 3k :flushed:

2 Likes

£1000 cheaper than a new uniti star, wonder how they compare in sound quality though?

1 Like

Dunno, Naim’s cheapest streamer/amp , the Atom is priced under that .

I must admit that I think the bottom of the range needs a little refresh , in the CD player needs a digital out and the basic amp needs a phono stage

1 Like

I only thought of the Star because of the built in CD player. Does the Star and Atom use basically, a 5si amp?

1 Like

Haven’t a clue… but the Nova has been described as relying heavily on the XS2 or XS 3 and N5XS2.

So the Atom and Star may well rely on the parts from other model. I think the Star relies on a TEAC drive

Naim generally keep this things reasonably well under wraps

IIRC the Uniti amplification was loosely based on that in the 5i.

1 Like

My Naim journey started with the Nait 5Si and CD5Si. It sounded pretty good but quickly I was looking for more. Went for 82 Olive HiCap and 250CB. Got an LP12. Then ND5XS. Anyway the rest is history. It was in introduction to Naim. The 82 HiCap 250 was just so much better than the Nait 5Si.

1 Like