Web interface

Some apps, but by no means all. The Linn app for iPhone and iPad will not run on MacBooks with Apple silicon; I think they expect you to use Kazoo. And Auralic’s (Lightning) control app would not run at first, though the latest version will.

Roger

Thanks for this, I wasn’t aware of this capability, I like it. The only downside there is no album art on the NDX2 display - certainly if streaming Qobuz.

Also Naim streamers support mDNS so you simply need to use NDX2hostname.local in your browser so don’t need to use the ip address.

1 Like

The webclient is also the only way to disable some inputs I think (was it USB perhaps) to remove them from the app.

Tidies things up

Didn’t know I could run the app on my new MB. Nice.

Is NDX2hostname.local a literal or does it stand for something?

What if I have renamed my streamer at some level (in the Naim app or in my network administration page)?

I used the name that comes up on my router, then add the .local to the end. So in my case it was something like http://ndx2-497171.local/webclient/ - the number being the serial number that can be found in the app under Settings/About

1 Like

Hi the streamer can be accessed by typing into a browser client that support mDNS (most current browsers do now) the following: ndx2-XXXXXX.local

where XXXXXX is the 6 digit serial number of your NDX2. You can find this in many places including on the Focal/Naim app when connected to the streamer under Settings->About->Serial Number.

The name you give your NDX2 has no bearing on this.

1 Like

Perhaps just worth mentioning that this is very much an unsupported app which was never intended for public use, as digging around in it can lead to unintended consequences. In the past Naim have, for that reason, asked that people don’t discuss it here, so this thread could be modereated.

Dont recall that warning, but good to know

Chris, it might not be supported from a usability perspective , but it is very much available as part of the product and the page is not restricted, so you should know of its existence as it is openly accessible on your home network. Whether you use it or not is your choice.
I have the UK cyber certificate from Naim now which I will post on the correct thread.
If it is not intended to be used by consumers it must carry a warning to that effect or be password restricted. The days of arbitrary rules with IT are behind us now and such it has to be supported from an access and vulnerability perspective through legislation (in the UK at least).
Yes it may disappear in a future firmware update, or be improved.

Perhaps Naim need to address this. I guess they assumed that people wouldn’t use it if they weren’t made aware of it, at least until someone let the cat out of the bag by mentioning it here a couple of years ago.

Or a user scanned the web tree on the device. You are not permitted to have unsupported hidden access pages now on devices through legislation.
Naim have confirmed to me they are compliant with the UK 2022/2023 Cyber legislation.

It also works (using the IP address) on the NSC 222. Would I need to replace NDX2 with NSC222 to use the mDNS method?

Yes… I would envisage so

This… is… fantastic. Thank you so much. How did I not know about this before?

Normally you would have to join the Web Interface Secret Group (Known as the “WIS Group”), so keep it to yourself :wink:

1 Like

I am very proud to have created such a great discussion - Very useful - Thanks to all.

I will also be trying some other ipad apps on my Mac M1. Lets see how that goes.

J

And it worked :grinning:

1 Like