Well done John McLaughlin

John McLaughlin has just offered his latest album download for free, in the light of these crazy times. Good on you John :+1::clap::+1:

14 Likes

Hmmm.
I last saw McL at the RFH with the brilliant ā€œ4th Dimensionā€.

He told us at one point that ā€œthere is an eternal being who loves us and has a plan for usā€.

I felt an urge to yell ā€œWell donā€™t you think itā€™s about time he f***ing started it?ā€

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Lovely album it is too - very different. Grows on you. Iā€™m glad I had bought it when it came out.

2 Likes

Yes it is a lovely album, had a quick listen & got straight into it, if it grows then so much the better
The download is MP3 so maybe it will be a hi-res purchase sometime soon

Mike - you might want to check your download choice as there is a whole range to chose from - 16/44 Alac was mineā€¦

1 Like

??? ā€¦ err ā€¦ struggling with this.
The link on his website to the free download offer is a zip with MP3 only. Iā€™ve looked around & see the for sale stuff in the shop.

Ah-ha, got it!!! The various format selections are on his Bandcamp site
THANKS

2 Likes

New to me ā€¦ enjoyable nevertheless

Iā€™m struggling to hear John Mclaughlin on this album. :sunglasses:

I have already bought it some weeks ago. Good album for sure.

Try McLaughlin & Santana ā€˜Love Devotion Surrenderā€™, completely different to this thread subject album, but itā€™s total genius guitar, jazz, mex, fusion, an awesome guitar duo odyssey.

1 Like

My favorite JM Laughlin : Mahavishnu orchestra from 1973/ 75 ( the inner mounting flame and apocalypse). Electric guitarist ( 1978). Live at the Royal Hall ( 1990). Live in Boston and Live in London. ( Recent albums).

3 Likes

Or JM on this album - just rips it apart.

4 Likes

This is a fantastic Album!
Bought it weeks ago!
Thoroughly Recommended!!
Nice Gesture from JM

Tribute To Jack Johnson with the Great Dave Holland holding down the bottom end. Mileā€™s Horn Floating stratospherically, JM in compliment, JDJ & BC on drums, HH & CC on keys, BM on Clarinetā€¦
Recorded February 18 and April 7, 1970, at (CBS_30th_Street_Studio) in New York City.
One of Miles Best Ever Albums.

2 Likes

If you havenā€™t got it already try the Miles album Get Up With It which contains his masterpiece He Loved Him Madly

Also Big Fun and On The corner are essential studio albums from this period.

3 Likes

I have just about everything from the periodā€¦
I love Miles and have huge amounts of his recordings inc bitches brew various versions.
Jazz is Life

1 Like

Hi Mike, If you have not seen their last concert together ā€œlife divine ā€œ from Switzerlandā€¦its on youtube, well worth watching these masters of the guitar as well as listening.

1 Like

Not to forget too John Mc Laughlin on first Stanley Clark albums. Stanley Clark ( 1974) and the must Ā« Journey to love Ā» ( 1975)
On Gary Husband / Dirty and Beautiful / vol 1. Fantastic solos here.

One of my absolute favorite artists. Lovely album.
For other fans, please do not forget this album with 3 recordings of McLaughlin in 1963 at an age of 19.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.