Well that was unfortunate 😞

Re: blue tack. Yeah, but it feels solid, and they’re seven and ten now so I’m not too worried. The Audio Physics use some separation between stand and speaker for bass. Might try double sided sticky Herbie’s.

When Felix was one and two he loved pushing the buttons on the Naim 5i I had at the time. Frustrating but we worked through it. Now at ten I wish he took the same interest…

yes i notice there are a few more for sale in Germany . We have very few for sale in UK but a fabulous pair of otello advertised recently but shocking price really . there is also a pair of verity audio leonore but they are so unbelievably hard to resell that you have to be very sure when you buy them !! i am sticking to my tannoy eatons legacy for the moment which sound pretty good and there is massive love for tannoy

We don’t have kids, but we do have two 80lb Rottweilers. They are welcome in the listening room supervised but if they get unruly they are banished to the other side of the gate. If that fails I have a personal articles policy on my insurance for the full value of the system.

6 Likes

Here are the before and after for unruliness. :rofl:

4 Likes

Haha, I assume they are fairly chilled out most of the time.

1 Like

Like the rug. You have good taste.

2 Likes

What kind of music do they like?

Phil

No theft insurance needed!

2 Likes

Oh no, the bigger one is a 2 yr old stray rescue. He’s only been with us less than 2 months and he gets really wound up. We just started obedience classes with him. The other one is a 9 yr old female. We rescued her 16 months ago. She was pretty chill, but now he gets her started. They are a handful. :joy:

2 Likes

German Rottweilers…German classical music of course. The male’s name is “Brahms.” (female is “Frisco”)

3 Likes

You just need to command them only in German now, just like my great uncle. Means no one can “misuse” them.

1 Like

You could also consider replacing spikes (if that is what you had) with more stable feet such as Isoacoustic Gaias or Soundcare Superspikes (there are other alternatives) as part of your solution. These have better contact with the floor (and I find that the Gaia puck ‘sticks’ my speakers to a wooden floor making them difficult to lift albeit intentionally wobbly). Not a solution for an upfront rugby tackle perhaps but more stability against accidental knocks.

1 Like

Good advice. I have the Gaia II under my speakers and they suction well to the wood floor.

Hilarious if they were called Brahms and Clara — also Clara was older than Johannes… :joy:

2 Likes

Yeah, I thought of that but when we rescued Frisco, but that was her long time name so we kept it. Brahms – as a stray – was an unknown. The shelter just assigned him the name Otto (a good name, IMO), and we immediately changed him to Brahms. I always thought if I got another male Rottie he would be “Bartok” or maybe “Mahler” (but people might confuse that with Mauler, which does not help with Rottie reputations).

2 Likes

LOL… :rofl:

As a cockney, I’d have named the second one Liszt… :partying_face:

2 Likes

I like Bartok for some reason.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.