What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

Another CD from the excellent Zeit! 77-79 box. His best album ever, I think…

17 Likes

16 Likes

Bob Dylan - Street Legal

10 Likes

Hunky Dory ,Bowie,original vinyl release .

10 Likes

@TheKevster, Oh well, it was worth a try. I’m downloading the discography now.

1 Like

Neil Young - Freedom

15 Likes

The Mountain Goats - In League With Dragons

Another gem from 2019. Unlike C Duncan, a point deducted for the dreadful cover.

3 Likes

3 Likes

I quite like the cover, it’s the sort of kitsch which used to adorn fantasy novel covers in the dim and distant past before fantasy became mainstream. It takes me back to my days as librarian of the Imperial College Science Fiction Society (about as geeky as it’s possible to get).

3 Likes

I get the retro/ironic/kitschy vibe, but it’s not my cup of dragon’s blood.

Fine album, though.

1 Like

The Secret Session [released today]

My first listen to this one by Ese Okorodudu (without her Vooduu People) is just starting now…

5 Likes

Ese Okorodudu - The Secret Sessions - 24/96 WAV
Sneaking a listen in to this in a rare day at home, between a migraine and heading back to be in London when my mum comes out of hospital. Ese without the band, and a great opportunity to hear her voice in a different mode. Without the amazing power she uses when fronting the VP, she shows great ability to drag emotion from the,lyrics, and her guitar playing is sparse and beautiful. Another class set from Ese, and Kev’s done a great job on the recording.

5 Likes

Neil Young - Colorado - LP

Neil%20Young%20-%20Colorado

The more I play it the more I love it!!!

Richard

12 Likes

A few trax off the up and coming Beck album

Most of the album.

7 Likes

1 Like

Saw this one mentioned today, on checking my files I have a copy (lost track?!) - so playing it now whilst cooking dinner - great ! - Where would we be without some good music ?

2 Likes

I’m not a big fan of Madonna but this album, Ray of Light, is excellent.

12 Likes

Brilliant digital-only live album from the mighty Chris Forsyth, recorded at Café Oto last year, just as The Beast from The East was descending on Blighty. I was at the show, and it’s a pity they didn’t include the whole thing, but these highlights will do just fine:

1 Like

Yes, Mike, William Orbit is living proof, contrary to belief, that you can polish a turd. :wink:

4 Likes