What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

Had the pleasure of seeing this trio in Ronnie Scott’s last year.
I was sat almost on Shadi’s lap as he played piano.

1 Like

This afternoon’s Vinyl buying - 1970’s Japanese pressing, wonderfully quiet vinyl (after a quick clean)

Is this next to get the Giles Martin remix & reissue?

10 Likes

And now

Remastering of 1964 Decca SXL 6113 narrow band release.
Mastered and pressed by Nimbus Records exclusively for readers of Practical Hi-Fi - now hands up those who remember that publication and these pressings?
I have 2 at present, this and a Janis Ian (played to me by Noel Cloney of Cloney Audio, at one of their demo/listening sessions).

4 Likes

Folder

10 Likes

2 Likes

Haven’t played this in awahile.

From earlier in the week (had a day’s leave to take)

Got to hear the lacquer of this pressing being played on a SME 20/12.
Expensive playing, as you can play it once!

Now does the Half-speed Master sound as good as the 2x45 that ORG issued? This, after 30-years in still in my Top10 recordings, after hearing in the top demo room in Manchester’s Listening Room, on a Voyd Reference, Audionote Io cartridge, Audio Innovations Tube Pre/Power into Snell speakers. Dave Spears managed that store, is he Naim’s UK/Ireland Sales Director?

And this MoFi pressing of Abbey Road, I still think is ‘better’ than the 1st pressings - discuss.

12 Likes

Steve Miller Band - Sailor (1968). His second album and last one with original member Boz Scaggs.

9 Likes

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Hypnotic Eye

7 Likes

3 Likes

Not just peek! It is a challenging album.

Phil

Madonna - Something to Remember

This was a favourite in 282 days, now sounding perfect again. Like NM’s Ophelia a challenge but in a different way. It’s got lots of beautiful sensitive songs on it like the album title track and Forbidden Love to name a few. Rain has a few surprises as well as being beautiful.

Phil

2 Likes

Ray Davies - See My Friends

5 Likes

Something a little chilled to accompany the household chores (Unitiqute bedroom system).

3 Likes

I needed a bit of a shake up this morning !

1 Like

There are some really wonderful cover versions on this album, which RLJ really makes her own. Simply terrific.

8 Likes

9 Likes

Aoife O’Donovan - In The Magic Hour

4 Likes

William Elliott Whitmore - Field Songs

1 Like

15 Likes