What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

22 Likes

Us hey Rye - The Bas**rd Tin - WAV CD rip

Also played on NDX and kitchen Qb while cooking, new purchase at a gig in Saturday, good playing of Ronnie Lane covers and some very good Slim Chance inspired originals, fine folk/blues rock.

Rival Sons, Feral Roots. This is, in my opinion, their best album yet. Thunderous rhythms, great guitar work and best vocals yet.

3 Likes

Thanks Gazza for this discovery. I didn’t knew him. Just bought 2 tracks from qobuz , “ returned in kind” and “try love”, fromimage

1 Like

Abbey Lincoln - A turtle’s dream

Great jazz with that typical voice of Abbey Lincoln.

5 Likes

Peter Gabriel Growing Up, recorded live in Milan 8th & 9th May 2003. Brought back great memories of the concert at Wembley Arena on 22nd May 2003.

6 Likes

On vinyl

4 Likes

This is my favourite Natalie M album -

Maggie Said, Black Sheep are in my all time favourite songs list.

9 Likes

Now for a complete change of mood. Christian McBride, Vertical Vision. He makes that bass talk - exquisite. Ripped CD version from UnitiServe.

5 Likes

Natalie Merchant - Ophelia

Continuing this feast of music and rugby. Her second album, this time the young voice. Heaven!

Phil

8 Likes

Now playing…

Keb’ Mo’ - Big Wide Grin

Streaming on NAS… kicking off Sunday with the big grin and upbeat music of Keb’Mo’… Life is Grand and the music is sweet!

6 Likes

Thanks BDB, I shall put that on the list to order!

Phil

Long Misty Days

Joining Eoin and Gazza with some marvellous Robin Trower and a big shout out for the late lamented James Dewar on vocals and bass guitar who always kept the whole thing rocking along.

3 Likes

Well it is Sunday! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Albert King with Stevie Ray Vaughan - In Session. A good blues jam.

12 Likes

Going back to one of the places where it all began. Double CD set that contains all the usual suspects bar Elvis (although he’s featured in the Million Dollar Quartet cuts). Standout artist on here for me is the great Charlie Rich.

3 Likes

22 Likes

He was the original guitarist in Procul harem for a short while, and then went solo.

ah ok. I more jazz, fusion, soul-funk in general. But like a lot jimmy hendrix and stevie ray vaughan ( instrumental tracks). So this Robin Trower is welcome and to my tastes.

Frankie Miller - Full House.

One of the best Rock voices ever, … an’ aw’ ra way fae Glesca, …no bad, eh?

5 Likes