What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

Great remix, Abbey Road The Beatles
96/24 WAV

15 Likes

Herbie Hancock - Headhunters

I didn’t get this when I bought it; I just couldn’t understand the change in direction towards what is jazz-funk, with the emphasis very much on the funk. However, having made a comparison between two versions of Watermelon Man the other day, I decided to revisit. I’m still not fully taken with it, but it’s growing on me.

10 Likes

And judging by the cover, acid funk at that. :scream:

1 Like

The Long View on R4. A comparison of the life and times of Savonarola in 15th century Florence with those of Extinction Rebellion today. Vivid, thought-provoking stuff.

1 Like

Walking the dog failed to raise my spirits, breakfast and coffee lulled me further, which led me to some mellow music. This was one of the first serious albums I bought in the late 70’s or early 80’s.

9 Likes

Best of the Doobies

Picked up from an Oxfam shop on a couple of days away.

7 Likes

Fleetwood Mac - 50 Years Don’t Stop

4 Likes

Frank Zappa - Sheik Yerbouti
Starting the day with Frank Zappa

13 Likes

A morning of Neil:

vinyl-box-neil-young

Richard

14 Likes

Nice choice Dan.

1 Like

Dire Straits - Making Movies

16 Likes

Nick Drake - Five Leaves Left
Classic
On CD and sounding very good indeed

15 Likes

1160b20e198983d11990c897d265f9dbaf8c4c7a_2_500x500

12 Likes

Peter Gabriel
24/96

18 Likes

Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms
SACD

18 Likes

SACD - Praga Digitals : )

<>

Franz Schubert died on this day in 1828

Schubert died in Vienna, aged 31, on 19 November 1828, at the apartment of his brother Ferdinand. The cause of his death was officially diagnosed as typhoid fever, though other theories have been proposed, including the tertiary stage of syphilis.
It was near Beethoven, whom he had admired all his life, that Schubert was buried by his own request, in the village cemetery of Währing, Vienna. He had served as a torchbearer at Beethoven’s funeral a year before his own death.

8 Likes

CD on Harmonia Mundi
Kevin Puts (b. 1972)

4 Likes

The Police - Outlandos d’Amour
Disc 1 from The Abbey Road Remastered Box Set, Every Move You Make, The Studio Recordings

14 Likes

Now playing…

Anouar Brahem Trio - Astrakan Cafe

Anouar Brahem (Oud), Barbaros Erköse (Clarinet) and Lassad Hosni (Bendir, Darbouka).

Streaming on NAS… kicking off Tuesday morning with this fantastic trio. A great album with some wonderful relaxing tunes to help ease me into this dark, damp and cool day. This is one sweet album!

9 Likes

SS500

LP3 on vinyl…:sunglasses::notes:

12 Likes