What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

Gregory Porter, Gary Bartz are on this album. 24/96 bandcamp

1 Like

Hi @Gazza it will be on CD as well

in a Gil Scott Heron style, with the voice of Anthony Joseph. 16/44 qobuz

2 Likes

1974 - vinyl - UK first pressing…

13 Likes

Otis Taylor - Hey Joe Opus Red Meat.

Posted many times on here, this album from The King of modern trance blues, is quite exceptional, or, as we say on here, … an absolute belter.

It’s there on Tidal, so, if you’ve not listened to any of Otis’ music before, have a bash, and see for yourself what all the fuss is about.

11 Likes

J.S. Ondara - ‘Tales of America’

I haven’t looked at this thread over the past few days so don’t know if it has made an appearance here yet, but I have been listening to this very impressive album that has just appeared on Tidal (MQA Masters) quite a bit over the past few days.

I know nothing about the artist other than that he is apparently from Kenya, and I really don’t know how to categorize it, but it is a superbly crafted album from a talented singer/songwriter with some really beautiful and haunting songs and melodies. I would recommend that you check him out

SS500 .

4 Likes

Top man…looking forward to the release

Indeed, its a cracking recording.

1 Like

listening to Ligeti’s Lontano…

4 Likes

The Beatles - Abbey Road, 3rd UK pressing from 1970 and sounding very good indeed. Been listening to a lot of Beatles (and solo work) of late and it’s funny how listening habits come full circle. The medley sequence on side two is just about perfect - wow. Wonder what Giles Martin has in store for the 50th anniversary of this album? Fingers crossed for something special.

Go outside and enjoy the sunshine? Pah, not when there’s vinyl to enjoy while the house is quiet!

16 Likes

11 Likes

A little bit of our Stevie Winwood, from 14 years old with Spencer Davis, Blind faith, the Capaldi years, often overlooked.

9 Likes

Now playing…

Andrew Cyrille Quartet - The Declaration of Musical Independence

Andrew Cyrille (Drums, Percussion), Bill Frisell (Guitar), Richard Teitelbaum (Piano, Synthesizer) and Ben Street (Bass).

Streaming on NAS… kicking of Sunday morning with this beautiful quartet, one fantastic album and sounding mighty sweet!

6 Likes

Must tidal this one later…

i discovered it yesterday, when searching new albums to discover. Good album, agree !

1 Like

Comparing my old album with Tidal playback…both amazing

8 Likes

I have that (and a few other Peyrouxs) and I like it too…
enjoy/ken

2 Likes

CD 2013)

6 Likes

Yep I posted it a few days ago as I was listening to a promo. He had a huge amount of songs he had written for this album. I also put in my post that he is going to be huge.

2 Likes

Now Playing…

Andrew Cyrille - Lebroba

Andrew Cyrille (Drums), Wadada Leo Smith (Trumpet) and Bill Frisell (Guitar).

Streaming on NAS… a fantastic trio, great musicians who compliment each other perfectly! This is one sweet album!

4 Likes