What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Chris has a new album that you can pre-order on his website.

One of the tracks is available on Qobuz…

6 Likes

Danielle Nicole - Cry No More

A great talent, somewhat underrated IMV. There again is a hi res version available on Qobuz and I can confirm it sounds sweeter than my locally streamed CD rip. Bug*er!

This is a veritable belter, and no mistake!

3 Likes

Yes, I saw Ewemon posted some tracks from the new CS album, but didn’t realise it can be pre ordered from his site - cheers for the tip SK.

An essential purchase, methinks!

CS seems to be following up his CDs with hi res versions, and sampling a couple of hi res versions on Qobuz, they sound better than plain vanilla CD res. I wonder if there will be a hi res version of the new CD at launch or it will follow along later, like his other albums.

1 Like

Eric Clapton - Money And Cigarettes, some attractive guitar skills in evidence, but that’s to be expected from the combined talents of Messrs Clapton, Lee and Cooder.

8 Likes

Chris Stapleton - Starting Over

Just listened to the two available tracks on Qobuz from this new Chris Stapleton album, due for release…err…soon. A ‘must buy’ AFAIC.

Does anyone know if this will also be available as a hi res download at launch? @ewemon?

1 Like

Grainne Duffy - Where I Belong

Listening to Danielle Nicole and Heather Newman reminded me of this fine female vocalist. Another underrated talent IMHO.

4 Likes

15 Likes

Jeff Beck - Who Else.

Had been listening to some early Jeff Beck this morning (and also while fiddling about with a motorbike, preparing it for a trip to Scotland). I thought I’d listen to this later in the day.
I really like it; it’s still got Beck’s skilled guitar work but to a more ‘modern’ beat. I say more modern… it’s over 20 years old though.

10 Likes

Sufjan Stevens - The Ascension (Qobuz)

This has been mentioned earlier here - second spin today of the brand new album. The man is positively prolific and this is a whopping 81 minutes long (perhaps too much?). But he has such a lovely dreamy voice set among the soundscapes that’s it’s impossible not to like it.

Some of these artists are so damn talented, we are mere mortals in comparison.

1 Like

I agree,and would also put “ Love You” in the same bracket.

2 Likes

Did you enjoy it?

Chris Rea - The Blue Jukebox, last one of the day for me.

7 Likes

3 Likes

Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Couldn’t Stand The Weather

Got the house to myself so have just had a blast of Tin Pan Alley.

Childish, I know, but flippin’ heck!!

Tip - Qobuz has a hi res version!

19 Likes
1 Like

Van Morrison - Wavelength (1978 Vinyl)

Mid period Van and a lovely uptempo soulful album. Apart from Van, who seems to be enjoying himself, the stars are Bobby Tench on guitar and Peter Bardens (ex Camel?) on keys/synths. Terrific stuff.

11 Likes

Still think that my favourite Neil Young and Crazy Horse album. :+1:

1 Like

Now playing…

Billy Joel - The Stranger

Billy Joel (Vocalsl, Acoustic Piano, Electric Keyboards), Steve Khan (Acoustic Guitar), Doug Stegmeyer (Bass), Richie Cannata (Clarinet, Flute, Organ, Soprano Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone), Liberty Devitto (Drums), Hiram Bullock (Electric Guitar), and Steve Khan (Six & Twelve String Electric Guitar).

Streaming on Qobus (88.2/24)… returning home from a afternoon walk with the wife and she asked for a Billy Joel album so she could sing while making supper. What we do for love, and of course to get a great meal… Billy is sounding mighty sweet! One of my favorite albums of his and demonstrated he is one hell of a songwriter…

11 Likes

Now playing Jeff Black - B-Sides and Confessions, vol.1 & 2.

2 Likes

You blokes are so yesterday, starting my Sunday with The Beatles St Pepper (Remastered). Rolling Stone May have kicked off it’s number 1 stop but to me it will always be my most influential album. A true masterpiece.

17 Likes