What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

:no_mouth:

‘Silent Face’

Cass Elliot 1972 solo album just listening to this and thinking what great bass lines and guitar licks - checked it out and Carol Kaye on bass and Larry Carlton on guitar so no surprise there.

Beautiful vocals and wonderful melodious songs. Couple of chord changes that just floor me.

8 Likes

Robert Plant

Digging Deep: Subterranea

Listening on Qobuz, half way through the album and enjoying it a lot, I will definitely be downloading the album later this afternoon.

Edward

12 Likes

Yippe. Weekend is here! Let’s start with this one! Angela Gheorghiu - Carmen Bizet.

7 Likes

@Nagual @seakayaker
I’ve bought the remastered original double vinyl version. Not played it yet. Prince fans on the Hoffman forum are reporting disappointing SQ with some of the additional Vault material on the deluxe editions all formats. What’s your view?

Some glorious Studio One rarities courtesy Studio One Bandcamp

I got through the orignal 2 CD’s last night and the Qobuz stream sounded fantastic, much improved clarity over my CD rip if memory serves me right though i didnt do a side by side comparison. Was planning to delve deeper into the extra and the remixed material this weekend so will report back.

Pink Floyd, Atom Heart Mother, cd rip

Going through a spell playing the earlier PF albums. I honestly can’t remember the last time I played this.

9 Likes

Thanks @Nagual. On Hoffman their saying the remaster of the original album is as you say superb with some saying betters original pressings. Reports of poor SQ on some of the extra material with one track, dont recall which one, apparently at the wrong speed/pitch.
Cheers

1 Like

Cold Chisel recommended by @Pete_the_painter

2 Likes

Listening to something I have waited a very long time for. Quiet Places by Andreas Vollenweider has just been released.

Been a fan of this man for almost 30 years and his last new album was in 2009. So today is a big day for me.

4 Likes

Just been having another look at the Hoffman thread the speed issues appear to effect the Live discs

Working my way through my ‘lockdown’ purchases.

Today starts with

Only about 40 to go

15 Likes

One of my favourite EJ albums. Liked it since the 70s. It is different - it was different then and still different now.
AllMusic give Tumbleweed Connection, Honky Chateau and Captain Fantastic as his only 5 star albums not Madman, Too Low For Zero or Yellow Brick Road !

6 Likes

An excellent choice. Cheap Wine is just a gear track. :+1:

1 Like

Graeme - Thanks for the nod - this is a brilliant album that I had not heard.

2 Likes

Andreas Vollenweider - Dancing with the Lion / 2006 Edel / German CD / 0166682CTT

As a fellow AV fan, a mention by @Kryptos inspired me to give this a spin this morning.

3 Likes

Iggy Pop - Lust For Life

Haven’t listened to any Iggy in a while and heard a snatch of ‘The Passenger’ and decided I ought to listen to something by him. It was between this and ‘The Idiot’ (or I guess any of the Stooges albums). This won.

8 Likes

New Order-type rock-electronic hybrid.

Working Men’s Club: Working Men’s Club

Working Men’s Club’s outstanding self-titled debut brings a mixtape feel to songs, as various sounds and styles are hurled in with gleeful eclecticism. A well of early synthpop, from Daniel Miller’s proto-synth act the Normal to post-punk era Simple Minds, early Human League and Pulp, informs everything.

2 Likes

What a stunning album! But then again, which one isn’t? LOL

1 Like