What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

First listen of adding a second ex demo 555 dr to the nd 555 after a few hours…my favourite Santana album.
Gosh its tightened everything up in a good way, great music. Will post elsewhere, later

19 Likes

6 Likes

4 Likes

7 Likes

Now Playing…

Charles Lloyd and the Marvels - I Long To See You

Charles Lloyd (tenor saxophone, alto flute); Bill Frisell (guitar), Greg Leisz (steel guitar), Reuben Rogers (bass), Eric Harland (drums), Willie Nelson (voice) and Norah Jones (voice).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this morning with Charles Lloyd and the Marvels and they are sounding fantastic and the music is sublime! I do love this Quintet and would love if they could produce a third album together. In the meantime, sit back and enjoy what is available, which is exceptional…

11 Likes

My favourite Santana album. Absolutely blew my mind when I first heard it in Quadrophonic sound

2 Likes

Never heard Quadrophonic…new about it, but never heard, was it special?

Another really enjoying

13 Likes

For me the only way to hear it. Swirling guitars dancing in and out of 4 speakers really good bass and panning. The organ in Song of the Wind just dancing around all 4 speakers. Sounded like it came straight off the master recording. Band in the room job if you have the right equipment.

11 Likes

I upgraded to a 300 DR last week and this album in particular sounds so different to before in a very good way. Just sublime.

29 Likes

Robert Plant - Fate of Nations

Thoughtful story telling and well crafted music.

16 Likes

5 Likes

Neil Young - Homegrown- Vinyl
1st listen to the vinyl after a couple of Tidal streams through a Qb, it’s a lovely mid-‘70s NY folkie album. Some great songs, with classic Young playing and delivery. Love the SQ from the LP. @SteveC

12 Likes

Diane Birch - Bible Belt, just perusing the booklet and the photos therein, she has a belter of a voice for such a slender unit.Should play this more.

10 Likes

Caravanserai in Quadrophic must be awesome. I regret selling to a dealer the Quad lps I had, included Santana 3rd. I don’t have a multichannel system but I think they are collectable now.

1 Like

Now playing…

Charles Lloyd & The Marvels + Lucinda Williams - Vanished Gardens

Charles Lloyd (tenor saxophone, flute), Bill Frisell (guitars), Greg Leisz (pedal steel guitar, dobro), Reuben Rogers (bass), Eric Harland (drums) and Lucinda Williams (vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… Once again with Charles and the fabulous Marvels and the opening track ‘Defiant’ is magnificent, just love it! …and the four tracks from Lucinda are wonderful, just one very sweet album!

12 Likes

9 Likes

Miles Davis - Amandla - 2002 Warner / German CD / 81227 3611 2

10 Likes

Bob Dylan - Rough and Rowdy Ways - WAV CD rip
After a lot of listenings on Tidal through the Qb, I’ve come to the belief this is my favourite Dylan album since his great run at the start of his career. It’s in pole position for my album of 2020. Nice to hear it through the main system now I’m home, this CD rip sounds really good.

15 Likes

A forum favourite from a few years back

Ry Cooder - The Prodigal Son.

16 Likes