What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Crowded House Together Alone

20 Likes

The Reverend Shawn Amos and The Brotherhood - Blue Sky. @johnt recommended that album a few weeks ago, listening to the CD for the first time. As a critic said, Shawn Amos can write and play music of any style - blues, rock, folk, almost punk, all with great success. Short album (about 32 minutes) but worth every penny IMHO

Claude

2 Likes

Alan, Thanks. I am now on the look out for this LP. I had heard the MoFi reissue was exceptional, and now you have confirmed even the '95 Elektra is a keeper.

1 Like

Glen Campbell By the Time I Get to Phoenix

10 Likes

Harry Chapin Short Stories

4 Likes

6 Likes

Massive Attack. Mezzanine. Kicking off with another album I bought this year as a direct result of recommendations from this thread.

22 Likes

Front

3 Likes

Borrowed from a friend.

2 Likes

An old Will Hoge album from 2003.

4 Likes

Will Hodge, I’d never heard until a few days ago when I noticed a few postings. Think I’ll go and investigate.

Off for dinner with my goddaughter, she’s got big news apparently. Got time for one more album while Mrs Pete goes through her rituals. Bowie Aladdin Sane, Time is one of my all time Bowie tracks.

22 Likes

She recorded some new tracks in Wales which are yet to be released…she seems to be based in London these days.

1 Like

Will Hoge. Tiny little moves. New to me also. Enjoying a lot and embarrassed to find out he’s clocked up about 10 albums . A favourite of many.

4 Likes

Just bought that from HD Tracks most of his stuff is only $17.00 (US).

Come on Pete. Get up to speed. He’s clocked up at least 10 albums :sunglasses:

1 Like

I know I’m slow. I’ll get back under my rock now.

1 Like

Found them on Youtube. Wonderful acoustic guitar. Streaming services are great for discoveries like this. Thanks! Now I wonder what the lyrics mean?

1 Like

I’ve only got as far as looking up some of the track titles in Google Translate (Swedish to English).

1 Like