What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Ray Davies - Americana

7 Likes

Hélène Ségara and Joe Dassin

The cover reminds me of The Drawing technique for Traditional Korean long bows. However, with a title of Soldier of Love why not imagine shooting an Arrow of Love. Put it down to a hot day and a glass or two of wine.

Melody Gardot - Currency of Man

Does it for me as well.

Phil

14 Likes

12 Likes

Specials - Singles
On Vinyl

10 Likes

Judy Dyble - Walk With Strangers - WAV CD rip
Lovely album from 2009, prog-psychedelic-folk, beautifully sung by Judy and played by some very talented friends classy album from the Fairport Convention founder member who died today. RIP Judy

8 Likes

Another former member of Fairport Convention this one still around

6 Likes

image image
Both on original swirl. Did have the Rhino remasters but gave them to lovely lady from wales

15 Likes

Chromatics - Lady

2 Likes

Now playing…

Food - Quiet Inlet

Iain Ballamy (Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone), Nils Petter Molvaer (Trumpet, Electronics), Christian Fennesz (Guitar, Electronics) and Thomas Strønen (Drums, Live Electronics).

Streaming on TIDAL… continuing on into the noon time hour with ‘Quiet Inlet’ as I start with today’s exercise routine. Love this album and they are sounding sublime!

Sandy Denny - Gold Dust - WAV CD rip
One of Sandy’s final gigs (if not the last), glorious songs sung by a great vocalist with a fine band.

10 Likes

Glass Candy - Warm in the Winter

15 Likes

20 Likes

Lunatic soulLunatic_Soul_Fractured_cover_art.jpeg

4 Likes

8 Likes

17 Likes

Larry Carlton & David Walker, Live

2 Likes

Now playing…

Food - Mercurial Balm

Thomas Strønen (Drums, Percussion, Electronics), Iain Ballamy (Saxophones, Electronics), Christian Fennesz (Guitar, Electronics), Eivind Aarset (Guitar, Electronics), Prakash Sontakke (Slide Guitar, Vocal), Nils Petter Molvaer (Trumpet).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this afternoon with more from Food and they are sounding mighty fine!

2 Likes

Agreed. It’s a cracker. (New Paul Weller).
And I’ve only been listening to a stream so far.
Have been trying to resist the (quite expensive) vinyl.
Resistance seems futile in this case.
I wouldn’t normally even describe myself as a big Paul Weller fan.

1 Like