What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

20 Likes

Blue Öyster Cult - Tyranny and Mutation

Because I don’t know this album, so I’m putting that right.

6 Likes

just to keep @NigelB on his toes

Amos Lee, the excellent debut from '05.

10 Likes

Glad to see Mr Lee has not been forgotten.

Keep safe y’all.

2 Likes

You too, Nigel :+1:

2 Likes

Just finished…

Wolfgang Muthspiel - Where The River Goes

Wolfgang Muthspiel (Guitar), Ambrose Akinmusire (Trumpet), Brad Mehldau (Piano), Larry Grenadier (Double Bass) and Eric Harland (Drums).

Streamed on NAS (44.1/16)… returned to Wolfgang for another of his albums that I have not taken out for a spin in awhile and it is simply sublime! Loved it…

4 Likes

I’m not so sure about that @Eoink, looking at ‘his’ stats they show 2 likes given in 6 days which isn’t the old DS style. My guess is that the name is similar and that’s all.

1 Like

Now playing…

Michel Benita - Ethics – River Silver

Michel Benita (Double Bass), Matthieu Michel (Flugelhorn), Mieko Miyazaki (Koto), Eivind Aarset (Guitar, Electronics) and Philippe Garcia (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… slipping through the mid-afternoon hour and taking Michel and this fine quintet out for a spin. A very calming and soothing album and is working quite well to set the mood and the energy I am seeking at the moment. Very, very nice…

8 Likes

Now playing…

Tore Brunborg - Slow Snow

Tore Brunborg (tenor saxophone, piano), Eivind Aarset (guitars, electronics), Steinar Raknes (double bass) and Per Oddvar Johansen (drums, electronics).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… arriving into the late afternoon hour and taking Tore and this very fine quartet out for a spin and they are sounding sublime! It has been a couple of months since I last had this out and enjoying smooth sounds…

2 Likes

Have you had a preview ?

How is it ?

Jim Hall - Concierto

Beautiful guitar playing with with great lineups - Paul Desmond, Chet Baker, Roland Hanna Ron Carter, and Steve Gadd.

10 Likes

1 Like

Ah good point, it would be nice to see him back, but as you say probably not.

2 Likes

Unfortunately don’t think we’ll see DS anytime soon.

1 Like

My first for the day, Richard Ashcroft Alone with Everyone

3 Likes

Got a copy sent to me by a good friend from the Lone Star State. Here’s a couple of previews of the album for you.

5 Likes

Thanks. Have added to favourites on Tidal. Enjoyed the preview.

Spandau Ballet, The Twelve Inch Mixes, CD rip

Some 80’s pop music.
Purchased in one of my ‘spend twenty quid and get a dozen CDs’ Amazon sessions :wink:

4 Likes

Think you guys would enjoy this.
5 Likes