What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

I like the music in this CD…

Gin Soaked Boy is my favourite :grinning:

images (17)

4 Likes

Tomasz has an lot to offer and highly recommend you continue the exploration of his catalogue with ‘Soul of Things,’ ‘Suspended Nights’ and ‘Lontano.’ The albums have three of his fellow country men playing with him. Tomasz Stanko (Trumpet), Marcin Wasilewski (Piano), Slawomir Kurkiewicz (Double-Bass) and Michal Miskiewicz (Drums). I particularly enjoy Marcin on piano who also has a couple of albums released as well which are mighty fine. …and thank you for your kind thoughts, continue to stay safe we are not out of the woods quite yet.

1 Like

On Vinyl:
Deacon Blue - When the world knows your name

11 Likes

5 Likes

Dion - Runaround Sue

6 Likes

Paul McCartney - Egypt Station Explorer’s Edition.

6 Likes

Dire Straits. Love over gold.1982 vinyl. Great album. Mr.Knopfler on top form. Includes the 14 min Telegraph road.

19 Likes

Metallic Spheres [2010]
This one has just been replaced in the library, it’s the Orb with David Gilmour making some interesting music together.

7 Likes

Pat Metheny - Works II

One of a number of jazz vinyl albums I bought used, but mint, from a market in Bath in 2015. This market trader obviously didn’t have a clue when it came to jazz pricing. He’d obviously picked up someone’s collection and was selling the lot at £2 each. Interestingly, he was also selling the usual pop dross from £6 upwards.

8 Likes

Now playing…

Tomasz Stanko Quartet - Lontano

Tomasz Stanko (Trumpet), Marcin Wasilewski (Piano), Slawomir Kurkiewicz (Double-Bass) and Michal Miskiewicz (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this Saturday morning by following up on the last album played last night 'Soul Eyes with Tomasz’s ‘Lontano’ album. Love this quartet and this is their third release together over a six year span and as Thom Jurek writes in his review, “This band is simply astonishing, and Lontano is their most adventurous and cohesive recording yet.” Definitely worth the time to give a spin!

5 Likes

10 Likes

Okay, something for all Prog Rock fans out there. England’s Garden Shed. Very reminiscent of Genesis with Peter Gabriel. A trip down memory lane for me.

4 Likes

Two bossa classics on one disc from New Continent’s superb, ultra-cheap box set.

6 Likes

6 Likes

6 Likes

Graham Nash - Over the Years - WAV CD rip
An anniversary disc from a couple of years ago, bringing together a set of his most loved songs. He wrote some wonderful folk-rock numbers, these are the original album recordings, so no surprises, beautifully sung by Nash solo or with his well known partners, great folk rock music. The disc came with a sister disc of the original demos, which are well worth a listen in their own right.

10 Likes

Seems appropriate enough. On CD:

3 Likes

images (18)

Only one CD I have of this group :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Mary Chapin Carpenter - Ashes And Roses

5 Likes

Looking a little older from …run a round Sue, but still a great singer, very New York.

6 Likes