What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

I cannot get enough of these fabulous Light In The Attic Nancy reissues - great music, superb sound and pressings (the black vinyl ones are all done at RTI), wonderfuul packaging and annotation, and of course, lots of Lee…

14 Likes

Cannonball Adderley With Milt Jackson Things Are Getting Better / 2006 Riverside / EU CD / 0025218603225

First play of a new purchase and sounding mighty fine!

7 Likes

Likewise - but listening to this one

2 Likes

Paul & Linda McCartney - Ram.

16 Likes

Lee Perry And The Full Experience- Disco Devil (Trojan/Upsetter 12")

:heart:

1 Like

Listening to this following a recent recommendation on this thread. Excellent stuff; I love discovering ‘new’ bands. (Sorry, this has been posted on wring thread, can it be relocated? @Richard.Dane).

4 Likes

Yes! A new discovery to me, prompted by the post by @AndyP. I almost scrolled past thinking it was Black Sabbath ( it looks very similar to one of their album covers) but the image caught my eye and interest for further exploration.
I agree, its really very good

2 Likes

Do you have a list of the musicians? Can’t seem to find one via Google…

The album has a very strong message which I like. Musically I didnt find it an immediate hook, but as I said that often indicates a good album that grows over time rather than something that immediately grabs you buy the balls but soon tires ( a bit like some “HiFi” equipment)
Enjoy

1 Like

1 Like

Sounds very very good to me. This is a cd I know very well and quite a jump in sq is evident in this remaster.

Lovely.

G

13 Likes

I am listening to the new Iron Maiden album on Qobuz (96/24).

Hm. Is it the album or is it the new firmware 3.7.0. that leaves me unimpressed: It sounds very lean and flat. And I have to turn up the volume into regions where I never had the wheel of Atom before to get a tiny bit of PRAT out of it …

2 Likes

James Taylor, never die young. :relaxed:

6 Likes

Steely Dan North East Corridor / Steely Dan Live.

Donald Fagen Vocals, Fender Piano, Melodica
Jim Beard Piano, Keyboards
Keith Carlock Drums
Connor Kennedy, Jon Herington Guitar
Michael Leonhart Trumpet, Flugelhorn, Percussion
Freddie Washington Bass
Ari Ambrose, Walt Weiskopf Tenor Saxophone, Alto Saxophone
Jim Pugh Trombone
Roger Rosenberg Baritone Saxophone, Bass Clarinet
Carolyn Leonhart, Catherine Russell, Jamie Leonhart, La Tanya Hall Vocals, Percussion

3 Likes

Derek and The Dominos - Live At The Fillmore.

14 Likes

Tina Turner, Private Dancer. Streaming. Qobuz. Sounds excellent on the Mu-so Qb 2.

10 Likes

Many thanks - lots of old fabourites!

1 Like

Album methinks

1 Like

Dedicated to all the petrol heads queuing for miles up the road alongside my house and have been since the crack, honking n polluting the atmosphere n vibes, get a life people!

Iiiiiiiiiiiirons @dave-marshall

2 Likes