What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

It’s almost midday here, so I hope you don’t mind it seemed odd posting in the 2020 thread as like most I just want to say good riddance to last year as quickly as possible. Hope you’ve all recovered and looking forward to 2021.

I’ll kick off with The Beatles Rubber Soul.

43 Likes

Happy New Year! Just 1am here,but you’ve picked a great album to kick things off with.
Watching Jools Holland’s Hootenanny at the moment,Roisin Murphy is amazing !

5 Likes

Seasick Steve wasn’t bad either
But not convinced by Celeste

4 Likes

Sir Tom is helping her out as we speak.

2 Likes

Tom Petty Full Moon Fever

25 Likes

Now playing…

Patricia Barber - Companion

Patricia Barber (piano, Hammond B-3, vocals), Michael Arnopol (bass), John McLean (guitar), Eric Montzka (drums). Reuben P. Alvarez (percussion) and Jason Narducy (vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… still got 6 + hours before the arrival of 2021 but I will jump in early with Patricia and her beautiful voice which just shines with this ‘Live’ Companion album recorded at the Green Mill in Chicago. Patricia and the band is sounding mighty sweet! …nice way to end the year and possibly move into the new year hanging out with Patricia and friends…

19 Likes

3 Likes

D685446E-0F0D-4FF1-B37C-7EE05FBA6BC8-905-000000F0F59EBF6C

28 Likes

I really enjoyed Roisin Murphy on Jools Holland’s Hootenanny as well. First time that I have heard her but I will give her 2020 album ‘Roisin Machine’ a listen. I think that Celeste was somewhat overawed singing with Sir Tom Jones. Understandable really. The man’s a legend!

5 Likes

21 Likes

Melody Gardot Live in concert playing her new album

13 Likes

The Stones, Tattoo You.

26 Likes

13 Likes

Sometimes something catches your eye and on paper chances are you might pass it by then a quick listen and it sounds very good indeed.

Thomas Cohen - Bloom Forever

1 Like

U2 Achtung Baby

26 Likes

Beth Hart - War In My Mind - on CD from 2019

Not as good as Better Than Home IMV but a worthwhile purchase and showcases her voice well - although the production is a tad flat IMV, a bit like some of her earlier CDs.

18 Likes

Been looking for this at a reasonable price then last night saw it was on Bandcamp for €8 + VAT that’s if we can still buy anything in € and what VAT rate applies.

From Amazon at £11, with some others – so postage costs = Nil.

Warning - there are some loud and then quiet ballady-tracks on the CD. Keep the remote close to hand!

I’ve also ordered Blu-Ray of Live In Amsterdam and although the screen said plentiful stock, Amazon could not give a delivery date - I assume because the stock is held off-shore(?).

I’m still puzzled by why something which was posted from Germany at end Nov via Airmail still hasn’t arrived…someone in the postal service chain got a ‘warm’ Xmas present!

Up next is this:

Morgan James - Hunter - on CD, prompted by listening to her on YT. Another case of someone with great vocal talent doing what they love rather than going along the classical music route.

11 Likes

Happy New Year everybody.

Bowie - StationToStation

Vinyl.

9 Likes

Inspired by his performance on lasts nights Hootenanny I thought I’d give this a bit of a blast as the first play of 2021

Seasick Steve - I Started Out With Nothin And I Still Got Most Of It Left

Worth it for the album title alone

14 Likes