What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Sonic and linguistic bliss.

3-D Der Katalog - Kraftwerk

9 Likes

Ella Swings Brightly with Nelson.

8 Likes

Amy Winehouse - Frank

Playing the second disc from the double disk version of Frank contained in this set. I really enjoy listening to Amy’s interpretation of jazz standards.

16 Likes

Aretha Franklin - I Never Loved a Man the Way I Love You.

12 Likes

Hot Rats - Frank Zappa.
2020 reissue

11 Likes

Gentle Giant | Octopus | 1972
Blowing off the dust on some more good old progressive rock from these boys.

10 Likes

The new, deluxe, expanded, 2-CD edition:

9 Likes

Big Alice just puts a smile on my face.

2 Likes

On vinyl… :grin: :notes: :sunglasses:

17 Likes

I well remember Brinsley in the ‘Double Deckers’ on kids TV in the early seventies.

Ten years later I saw him fronting what remains the loudest band I’ve ever heard.

2 Likes

Now playing…

Jakob Bro - Gefion

Jakob Bro (Guitar), Thomas Morgan (Double Bass) and Jon Christensen (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… opening up this Wednesday morning with Jakob’s ‘Gefion’ featuring this fantastic trio. This is one sweet album!

7 Likes

Steely Dan - Everything Must Go (RSD 2021)

Third time lucky. My first two copies were duds! This one is a keeper. And a very fine album it is.

14 Likes

Dusty Springfield - A Girl Called Dusty.

14 Likes

The Stranglers - No More Heroes

A delightfully angry album. I couldn’t hope to describe this any better than John Dougan in the AMG review, who says it’s “still an enjoyable bit of noise that holds up better than anyone would have guessed at the time”.

17 Likes

Deep Purple | Deep Purple | 1969
I do like early 'Purple before Ian Gillan’s screaming, this one is great and the opening track Chasing Shadows is one of those that I occasionally love to play on continuous loop with the volume set to stun. :sunglasses:

11 Likes

Nina Simone - Pastel Blues.

17 Likes

Girls Aloud - Ten.

One of my guilty pleasures :relaxed:

1 Like

Blues Pills | 2014
Their eponymous debut album which is pretty good in parts, discogs tag them as blues/ rock, I haven’t heard their other two more recent albums.

5 Likes

Nothing for it, I’ll have to spin as many mixes of this as possible!

3 Likes

Yes, and at Saturday morning kids matinees at the ABC in Brighton when I was a nipper
:heart:

1 Like