What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Nice coincidence I was just checking that yesterday, great sleeve notes based on interview with Boris Gardner and Scratch himself, read it on the Bandcamp page.
Just when you think theres little more Arkology to dig, Pressure Sounds manage to unearth further lost gems.
:heart:

Hi,
I’m curious, not seen that sleeve art for King Tubby Meets The Rockers Uptown before. What label/source is that?
Cheers
:heart:

Harry Nilsson, Nilsson Schmilsson, cd rip

Start the day on a jolly note, before the work crap starts. :wink:

This guy did so many great tracks.

11 Likes

Happy Friday.

This is rather good.

2 Likes

Excellent… his best, IMO.

1 Like

I have the advantage I heard them (Singles) before I saw the videos. Now I see the videos as simple entertainment and it doesn’t put me off the albums.

1 Like

Gretchen Wilson, here for the party. Weekend here I come! Let’s party! :cowboy_hat_face::notes:

2 Likes

Johnny Hallyday - Flagrant Delit (1971)

Johnny was smart recruiting parts of Spooky Tooth, Fairport, Rolling Stones brass section, Pink Floyd backing singers.

Not the Nine O’clock News had a song ‘Why can’t the French do rock n’ roll’

Well Johnny could… awesome album.

2 Likes

The Monty Alexander Trio Montreux Alexander Live! / 1985 MPS / Germany CD / 8174872

5 Likes

Harry Nilsson, Losst And Founnd, cd rip

His last album. Released after his death at only 52 :frowning:

7 Likes

Lonnie Liston Smith - Expansions

lls

5 Likes

New from Allison Russell. First listen

Atb
Kk

5 Likes

Roxy Music. Manifesto. Don’t listen to this as much as I listen to some others but feel like listening to this today. :relaxed:

15 Likes

Jordi Savall Jean-Baptiste Lully, Le Concert Des Nations - L’Orchestre Du Roi Soleil
Symphonies, Ouvertures & Airs À Jouer / 2003 Alia Vox / Austria Hybrid SACD / AVSA 9807

7 Likes

Atb
Kk

6 Likes

It is a 1994 Shanachie Entertainment CD release (1987 Pablo Publishing Corp is the other copyright notice on the back of the CD where both are listed)

1 Like

Lahav Shani with the Rotterdam Philharmonic Orchestra - Beethoven: Symphony No. 7 & Piano Concerto No. 4.

2 Likes

My listening from yesterday - good album

11 Likes

Also from yesterday - her playing is quite special

8 Likes

Bill Frisell - Unspeakable

I’d describe this as Bill sitting on the edge - it’s not his more accessible Americana sound, nor his more adventurous avant-garde side, just somewhere in the middle with a funky slant. Enjoyable just the same.

5 Likes