What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

16 Likes

Fun fact - the cover models there are Genesis P-Orridge and Cosey Fanni Tutti, later of Throbbing Gristle notoriety.

4 Likes

Last week I posted a nice new discovery to me Cochemea - Baca Sewa Vol II. Which is the follow up to All My Relations, Juno Records sent me an alert, only one copy so I snatched it!
Nice die cut sleeve again.

Cochemea - All My Relations (Daptone)

Cochemea Bandcamp;

Cochemea Gastelum is coming home to connect with his roots. After nearly 15 years of touring the world with Sharon Jones and The Dap-Kings, the saxophonist offers a deeply personal album of jazz and indigenous-influenced rhythms.

A California native with Yaqui and Mescalero Apache Indian ancestry, Cochemea grew up surrounded by music but without knowing much about his heritage. Both his parents were musicians, and they gave their son a heavy name meaning “they were all killed asleep.” Cochemea has spent much of his diverse musical career – as a soloist, musical director, composer and ensemble player – exploring and iterating on roots music, and All My Relations is a capstone meditation on his own ancestry.
:heart:

1 Like

Make sure to drop some foundation shaking Dub!
:heart:

1 Like

I can’t seem to ween myself off the new Tedeschi album😁

2 Likes

North facing window of Kell’s house opened.

2 Likes

I’m sure it’s very good indeed, but I have to take advantage of next door’s absence for something quite LOUD … with the Les Paul plugged in, of course.

2 Likes

Hard a track from The Wandering Hearts album on Radio 2 last night released on Qobuz today a superb listen.

2 Likes

7 Likes

11 Likes

Always liked this album, now reissued…….sounds really good on first listen.

18 Likes

Larry Carlton Friends / 2014 Warner / Japan CD / WPCR28103

3 Likes

A very recent album from the brilliant guitarist Martin Simpson. We’ve booked him for WemsFest next year and it will be good to meet him.

6 Likes

Long been a fan of Edition Records and Dave Stapleton so giving Slowly Rolling Camera “Where the Streets Lead” a spin. Lovely cinematic modern jazz using guest saxes, guitar, bass and strings to flesh out their trio sound (keys, drums and electronica).

2 Likes

7 Likes

Just waiting for my physical copy to arrive :+1:

So what have you gone with Dave ?

Just cranking up the Zep choons now, as we speak.

(Maybe some 'Oo later on)

Anyway, stop asking daft questions, and just open yer South facing windaes!

1 Like

Yes sir! :grinning: :+1:

Looking on the Harrison website will be something wonderful👍

1 Like