What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

I love the way this thread works I discovered it by someone else posting it.

1 Like

Whitney Houston, the bodyguard original soundtrack. Whitney Houston was born on the 9th September 1963 and will forever be 48. :birthday:

5 Likes

15 Likes

Gillian Welch - Time (The Revelator)

I had the opening guitar phrase going round in my head, but couldn’t work out who or what it was. In the end I scrolled through my record collection database and got it. A lovely album.

22 Likes

Finished listening to this thematically extreme album posted by @Deeg a couple of days ago

Not for the faint hearted in both content and presentation, but worth a second listen.

Lingua Ignota - CALIGULA

2 Likes

10 Likes

The unexpected shock of a play queue no time to re-adjust one’s thoughts whilst changing CD / vinyl / or streaming

The transition from the extremeness of Caligula immediately into this beautiful album

Dexter Gordon / Donald Byrd et al - One Flight Up

15 Likes

Saw Richard Thompson at Snape Maltings last night. Absolutely superb - just him, one accoustic guitar and his partner on harmonies. Trawled across his whole catalogue. In pared down mode made you realise he is not just a great guitarist but a brilliant songwriter too. This gorgeous recent song was new to me so streamed it this morning.

5 Likes

It’s a Grateful Dead day today so working my way though the fabulous ‘Golden Road 1965-1973’ boxset of GD albums that total 12xCDs :skull: :+1:

<<>>

Garcia died in his room at the rehabilitation clinic on August 9, 1995, eight days after his 53rd birthday. The cause of death was a heart attack. Garcia had long struggled with drug addiction, weight problems, sleep apnea, heavy smoking, and diabetes—all of which contributed to his physical decline. Lesh remarked that, upon hearing of Garcia’s death, “I was struck numb. I had lost my oldest surviving friend, my brother.” Garcia’s funeral was held on August 12, at St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church in Belvedere, California. It was attended by his family, the remaining Grateful Dead members, and their friends, including former pro basketball player Bill Walton and musician Bob Dylan. Deborah Koons barred some of Garcia’s former wives from the ceremony.

Jerry Garcia 1st August 1942 – 9th August 1995

12 Likes

There you go I must be psycho, sorry I mean psychic. :grin:

1 Like

Here’s something to blow the cobwebs away

Highway To Hell - AC / DC

They never got any better than this IMHO, just one great track after another

22 Likes

Led Zeppelin - BBC Sessions

Just needed to hear the 18 minute version of D&C.

20 Likes

Nicola Beneditti with the London Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by Andrew Litton - Vaughan Williams: The Lark Ascending.

11 Likes

Intrigued by this description and liking Sky, Mike Oldfied and classical guitar, the album was added to the play queue - glad I did

Gordon Giltrap - Visionary

10 Likes

Having come to the end of the play queue with Gordon Giltrap, where next?
Might as well follow that with probably my favourite of their output

Sky - Sky 2

14 Likes

10 Likes

Pentangle - Sweet Child.

7 Likes

Neon Neon - Stainless Style

1 Like

3 Likes

14 Likes