What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Shelagh McDonald - Album.

4 Likes

My favourite SD album.

If thats the 50th Anniversary edition I’m just listening to my vinyl copy for the first time. Sounds excellent, and that Phil Spector wall of sound hash has been toned down nicely. Much more enjoyable and listenable to my ears.

2 Likes

If you listen to Gilles Peterson’s Saturday show just gone it was all about late 80’s Japanese club culture - great programme

1 Like

After a poke in the ribs from @seakayaker, joining in the the Kebfest with these two:

Keb’ Mo’ - Keb’ Mo’.

Keb’ Mo’ - BluesAmericana.

Great shout. :+1:

19 Likes

Grateful Dead – Dave’s Picks, Volume 39: The Spectrum, Philadelphia, PA • 4/26/83
3CD set|2021

Afternoon spoken for on the first listen of this latest release.

7 Likes

Steeleye Span - Hark! The Village Wait.

10 Likes

Manfred Mann’s Earth Band | Solar Fire | 1973
I’ve always enjoyed MMEB and this was another cassette of their early music that I picked up along with Angel Station, in a Cairo market circa 1979 while living and working there.

8 Likes

To accompany supper, think i prefer her work in Mazzy Star but still sounds nice.

6 Likes

11 Likes

Wizz Jones - Right Now.

3 Likes

Following on from a recommendation by @Pete_the_painter I’m enjoying this for the second time today.

11 Likes

Look like Blackmore’s Night on acid.

1 Like

3 Likes

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: John Renbourn’s birthday was yesterday…

John Renbourn, British jazz and folk guitarist and songwriter (Pentangle), born on 8th August 1944 in Marleybone, London, England (d. 2015)

1 Like

Sade | Diamond Life | 1984
“Creating” in the kitchen and this is such a cool one to listen to.

25 Likes

PAML500
His first in 5 years.

3 Likes

()

8 Likes

@VinoVeritas @catswhiskers . Lots of great albums from Gordon Giltrap, this one from 2017. There might still be vinyl copies from Psychotron records. Inspired by the superb collection of Pre Raphaelite art in Birmingham Art Gallery, hence the cover image and title.
download

5 Likes

Fired up my LP12 for the first time in a while - Mr Clapton is doing his thing!

13 Likes