What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

@Pete_the_painter it’s Lisa Miller. Anyway, how fantastic! Listening to out of the blues. Love the voice and harmonica and everything else. :+1:

Also listened to Lisa Mills, the triangle as well. :notes::relaxed:

Lisa Mills, the triangle.

Lisa Miller, out of the blues.

5 Likes

I’ve had a bad typing day :scream:

I came across Fifi Rong from her quest appearance on Yello’s Toy. This EP is some really nice grovey electro pop, and a great test track with lots of lovely sound-staging and affects:

3 Likes

Quickly followed by this, which I came across on the Totem Facebook group. A style of music I’ve really only got into since I have a high-end system…. Jazz / R&B solo singer songwriter stuff I guess.

3 Likes

Keith Richards - Blues

13 Likes

Which pressing is that? Is it one of the very first pressings with greenish tint cover and A2/B2 matrixes? Do you still have the postcards and stickers?

1 Like

The Derek Trucks Band - 2010 Roadsongs

10 Likes

Cheers I missed that album, love her early work.

Los Lobos - Native Sons

7 Likes

Totally agree, I have my original Fontana LP, Evolution also on Fontana is good too
:heart:

1 Like

John Lennon - Plastic Ono Band.

10 Likes

Kasey Chambers, barricades & brickwalls. Didn’t know she is Australian. Awesome! Definitely pretty enough! Thanks @Pete_the_painter! :blush:

8 Likes

Martha Argerich with the Philharmonia Orchestra conducted by Giuseppe Sinopoli - Beethoven: Piano Concertos No. 1 Op. 15 & No. 2 Op. 19.

7 Likes

Blues Traveler - Traveler’s Blues
With special guests Keb’ Mo’, Christone “Kingfish” Ingram, Warren Haynes, Crystal Bowersox and more. Excellent blues album from BT.

8 Likes

Yes, I have the original vinyl too - not sure if I have Evolution though!

LP - A&M Records 1982 : )

Joe Jackson – piano, Fender Rhodes piano, Yamaha electric piano, Hammond organ, Gem organ, Prophet-5 and Minimoog synthesizers, alto saxophone, vibes and lead vocals
Graham Maby – bass, vocals, percussion
Larry Tolfree – drums, timbales, percussion
Sue Hadjopoulos – conga, bongos, timbales, bells, xylophone, percussion, flute, and vocals
Ricardo Torres – bongos, cowbell, claves
Ed Rynesdal – violin
Al Weisman – background vocals
Grace Millan – background vocals

Recorded at Blue Rock Studio, Soho, New York City. Jan - Feb 1982

<>

Happy Birthday Joe Jackson! :birthday: :balloon: :balloon:

born on 11th August 1954 in Burton upon Trent, England :uk:

67 years old Today! :grinning::+1:

24 Likes

Derek & The Dominos - Layla, playing the hybrid sacd from '04.

18 Likes

Jeff Beck, blow by blow. :notes::blush:

10 Likes

R.E.M. - Reckoning.

9 Likes

Thank you, playing this now.

1 Like