What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Nice solo piano music with some support of background synthesizer, the picture is fitting to the music

3 Likes

George Harrison - All Things Must Pass, still ploughing through the new box set. Just finishing the disc containing the session outtakes and jams. Really enjoying this release.

18 Likes

More Moloko. I’d forgotten how much I like like them. “Angular” is quite a good way of describing them.

7 Likes

Al Jarreau Heart’s Horizon / 2015 WEA / Japan CD / WPCR28246

Al Jarreau Vocals
Bobby McFerrin Additional Vocals Yo’ Jeans
Michael Landau, Paul Jackson Jr. Guitar
Freddie Washington, Abraham Laboriel Bass
Stanley Clarke Acoustic Bass
Russell Ferrante, George Duke, Philippe Saisse Keyboards
David Sanborn, Marc Russo Saxophone
Jerry Hey, Randy Goodrum Trumpet
Paulinho Da Costa Percussion
Earl Klugh Acoustic Guitar
Ricky Lawson, John Robinson Drums

4 Likes

15 Likes

She actually passed away a week ago but the info was only released today. She had survived two bouts of cancer but unfortunately not this one. One of those few artists I never managed to see that I would have liked to.

An afternoon and evening to myself (rare!)
so…I get to play!
Sun Ra in glorious mono:

6 Likes

14 Likes

Mary Chapin Carpenter - “One Night Lonley” (2021) solo, acoustic, lonley, clothed, wonderful.

15 Likes

<<>>

Happy Birthday Maddy Prior! :balloon: :balloon: :birthday:

born on 14th August 1947 in Blackpool, England :uk:

74 years ago Today! :yum: :cake:

15 Likes

Can’t believe TT is 81.

10 Likes

Is this a new release? Sounds intriguing.

Yes, it is a 50th Anniversary remix that can be purchased in a variety of combinations in both digital and vinyl. I have plumped for the 5cd and 1 blu ray disc set that includes demo and outtakes extra’s. Beautifully presented, if perhaps a tad overpriced imho.

After some early George next up an album from the mid '70’s, prompted by hearing a couple of tracks from this album in demo form on the ATMP set

George Harrison - Thirty Three & 1/3.

12 Likes

The Art of Noise - Noise in the City Live in Tokyo 1986

7 Likes

Jungle - “Loving In Stereo” (2021) Daryl, Daryl is that you ?

2 Likes

On Vinyl:-

The Beatles 1962-1966

22 Likes

6 Likes

Now playing…

Steely Dan - Countdown to Ecstasy

Walter Becker (Bass Guitar, Harmonica, Vocals), Donald Fagen (Keyboards, Percussion, Piano, Electric Piano, Synthesizer, Vocals), Jeff Baxter (Pedal Steel Guitar), Ben Benay ( (Acoustic Guitar), Ray Brown (Bass, String Bass), Rick Derringer (Guitar, Slide Guitar), Denny Dias (Guitar), Victor Feldman (Keyboards, Marimba, Percussion, Vibraphone), Michael Fennelly (Vocals), Pam Hall (Vocals), Patricia Hall (Vocals), Jim Hodder (Drums, Percussion, Vocals), [Royce Jones (Vocals), Sherlie Mathews (Vocals), Myrna Matthews (Vocals), Sherlie Matthews (Vocals), Lanny Morgan (Saxophone), David Palmer (Keyboards, Vocals), Bill Perkins (Saxophone), James Rolleston (Vocals), John Rotella (Saxophone) and Ernie Watts (axophone).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this Saturday morning with Steely Dan and they are sounding mighty sweet! A lovely way to kick off the weekend…

21 Likes

CD - from the Byrds Complete Album Collection 13xCD boxset 2012 : )

Jim McGuinn – lead guitar, vocals
Gene Clark – rhythm guitar, tambourine, vocals
David Crosby – rhythm guitar, vocals
Chris Hillman – electric bass
Michael Clarke – drums

Recordings from Columbia Studios, Hollywood 1965

<<>>

Happy Birthday David Crosby! :balloon: :balloon: :birthday:

born on 14th August 1941 in Los Angeles, California :us:

80 years old Today! :grinning: :+1:

19 Likes