What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

The fabulous Classic Records version.

25 Likes

On Vinyl:-

Simply Red - Stars

12 Likes

New music from Stephen Fretwell after a long absence. Worth the wait. As usual, great story telling song craft. Nice!

3 Likes

Madonna Ray of Light / 1998 Warner / EU CD / 9362468472

Giving this a celebratory birthday spin. Hard to believe she is a few days older than me :laughing:

14 Likes

John Mayer. CD, playing this often at the mo.

6 Likes

New from Ms Barber. First listen…

9 Likes

Sonny Clark Trio Sonny Clark Trio / 2002 Blue Note / EU CD / RVG Edition / 724353377427

First play after arriving unexpectedly early today, and it is sounding great.

Sonny Clark Piano
Paul Chambers Bass
Philly Joe Jones Drums

7 Likes

Now playing…

Patricia Barber - Cafe Blue – UN-mastered

Patricia Barber (Piano, Vocals), Maya Angelou (Spoken Word), Michael Arnopol (Bass), John McLean (Guitar) and Mark Walker (Drums, Percussion).

Streaming on NAS (44.1/16)… kicking off the day with Patricia’s ‘café blue UN - mastered’ and I just love this album! I would like to say it is my favorite but all of Patricia’s albums are top shelf and this is one sweet album…

I will have to be on the look out for her latest that has been mentioned a few time recently…

12 Likes

3 Likes

One of my favourite Dylan albums, this track with Johnny Cash

14 Likes

Follow up to the critically acclaimed debut release Human

Rory Graham aka Rag n Bone Man -
Life By Misadventure

12 Likes

Enjoying this 70’s discoey revival from Jungle. New band for me but very upbeat and fun.

The wonder of Bob Dylan is the ease that others find in making the song their own, Isaac Hayes take on Dylan

6 Likes

4 Likes

Now playing…

Madonna - True Blue

Madonna (Vocals), Dave Boroff (Saxophone), Stephen Bray (Drum Programming, Drums, Keyboards), Keithen Carter (Vocals), Paulinho Da Costa (Percussion), Bruce Gaitsch (Electric Guitar, Rhythm Guitar), Siedah Garrett (Vocals), Dann Huff (Guitar), Jackie Jackson (Vocals), Paul Jackson, Jr. (Guitar), Edie Lehmann (Vocals), Patrick Leonard (Drum Programming, Drums, Keyboards), Richard Marx (Vocals), Bill Meyers (Strings), Jonathan Moffett (Drums, Percussion, Vocals), John Putnam (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar), David Williams (Rhythm Guitar, Vocals) and Fred Zarr (Keyboards).

Streaming on Qobuz (192/24)… a mention from @Debs above regarding Madonna’s 63’rd birthday had be reach for one of her albums and she is sounding mighty sweet! Happy Birthday Madonna and may you have many, many more…

16 Likes

Little bit of Roger…

10 Likes

Watchhouse - Watchhouse
CD|2021

Enjoyable folk album.

7 Likes

Dido, still on my mind. Her fifth album. Wanted to listen to it last night but it was to late in the evening. Worth the wait.:relaxed:

9 Likes

My first post in my favourite Naim forum thread. Elvis - 24 karat hits. He “left the building” for good 44 years ago today.

12 Likes

‘Confessions…’ is one of my Madonna favourites, there was a gapless version I had on a few streaming services which I can no longer find - it used to be played regularly when doing boring indoor exercise at the gym.

The early albums have stood the test of time pop wise, but I really find American Life and Music to be outstanding, and those are a couple of the best vinyl LPs sonically I’ve bought in the last couple of years. Even Madame X is good on vinyl.

Her only real dire release in my view was Hard Candy.

Talk about being able to adapt to the times though.

3 Likes