What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Stevie Wonder Songs in the Key of Life

22 Likes

3 Likes

New release from the Scottish guitar virtuoso Sean Shibe. A collection of French/Spanish music. Absolutely brilliant

5 Likes

The Cruel Sea The Honeymoon is Over

2 Likes

Steely Dan Katy Lied / 2012 Geffen / Japan SHM CD / UICY25038

Starting the day with Donald and Walter.

16 Likes

This is where music actually started for me, Help The Beatles.

19 Likes

EXILES

Max Richter

Max Richter
Kristjan Järvi
Baltic Sea Philharmonic

“The Baltic Sea Philharmonic is a really interesting orchestra, it’s of young players from all the nations around the Baltic Sea so that obviously includes former Western European countries, former Eastern European countries, so it’s a little bit of a social project. It has this ‘peacemaking’ function, people being able to talk to each other in a creative way. It struck me that it would be nice to have that orchestra play music that matched that theme.”

10 Likes

The Small Faces, There Are But 4 Small Faces

7 Likes

I’ve just been interviewing the French guitar player Roxane Elfasci for a magazine article, and she was telling me about her love for Debussy. Which reminded me, I haven’t listened to any DB (or indeed Ravel) for a while. So here goes…

12 Likes

The new recording by Sean Shibe I posted above, includes work by Ravel and Debussy so defo worth a listen

6 Likes

The Who - Who’s Next. I’ve just read David Hepworth’s book 1971 - Never A Dull Moment in which in one chapter he talks at length about this album and the track Baba O’ Riley. Although familiar with most of the singles by The Who, I don’t think I’ve ever heard a full album by them and Hepworth’s book inspired me to give this album a listen and I really enjoyed it.

18 Likes

Fable’s Fall Away. Because Naim is pushing it.
It includes some interesting electronic sounds to test your system. Has it been sponsored by bass trap manufacturers?
The remixed version has a more controlled bass.
Not sure this type of gimmickry is what Naim should be building its brand around. This was my first experience of “glitch-hop-pop meets minimum D’n’B trek through the ethereal realm.”
You probably need to be streaming to find this

9 Likes

Bit of Bert.

3 Likes

I know she’s not for everyone but I love her music and quirky vocal style. This new one does not disappoint.

8 Likes

Joey DeFrancesco with Jimmy Smith - Legacy.

7 Likes

Checking what the fuss is all about. Bowie’s protege bores me to death!
There was a time when an artist would use the album cover to convey a message. I wonder what’s she’s trying to put out there.

5 Likes

Bruce!!
No not that one although Mr Hornsby is given a hand by some other very well regarded musicians namely Sting, Elton & Eric on this his seventh release and pretty good it is too

Bruce Hornsby - Halcyon Days

12 Likes

LZ1 / Deluxe 3 x LP set - This reissue 2014 Atlantic Recording Corporation : )

Led Zeppelin

Robert Plant – lead vocal, harmonica
Jimmy Page – electric, acoustic and pedal steel guitars, back vocals, duff remastering
John Paul Jones – bass, organ, backing vocal
John Bonham – drums, timpani, backing vocal
Additional musician
Viram Jasani – tabla on “Black Mountain Side”

<>

Happy Birthday Robert Plant CBE! :birthday: :balloon: :balloon:

born on 20th August 1948, in West Bromwich, Staffordshire, England :uk:

73 years old Today! :sunglasses:

27 Likes