What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

@TheKevster
Sorry to disturb you, is your copy pressed at MPO?
Thanks

I don’t know – it says “Made in France” on the small print so possibly…

I had a bit of no-fill on Side 1 of my first copy, but the Diverse people replaced it and no probs with the second copy…

1 Like

A Qobuz suggestion for artists to try after my extended visit to the world of Beth Hart.

A name I’ve heard but not actually listened to.

A few tracks in - pleasant enough but this one not a keeper but that doesn’t mean to say something else by her isn’t.

Joanne Shaw Taylor - The Blues Album

5 Likes

Beatles, Please Please Me. Qobuz. Uniti Nova

19 Likes

Public Service Broadcasting - Bright Magic, on rather lovely marbled orange and bronze vinyl. Great sounding album as per usual from PSB, but a little more surface noise than expected on the vinyl record. Second spin so still getting used to it, but really enjoying it so far.

8 Likes

Oh, I’d missed that news, RIP Commander Cody. I’ll get an album playing after the cricket finishes for the day.

3 Likes

Some ethereal dream pop for the afternoon

3 Likes

What a collaboration two of the most iconic American singer songwriters of the 20th century duet together on the first single from John’s forthcoming and as yet untitled new album

John Mellencamp & Bruce Springsteen - Wasted Days

More like this please!!

6 Likes

Mono LP from this 2LP set… :sunglasses: :notes: :+1:t3:

13 Likes

Me too!
:heart:

1 Like

On Naim vinyl… :sunglasses: :grin: :notes:

11 Likes

Elvis Presley, On Stage. A fantastic live album from 1970. Streaming. Qobuz. Uniti Nova.

6 Likes

On vinyl… :notes: :sunglasses: :+1:t3:

12 Likes

Skynyrd Live. At the peak of their powers. Lucky enough to see them in 77. Been playing this regularly ever since.

15 Likes

R-8001485-1453241941-2597.jpeg

Steven Wilson - 4 1/2, on vinyl… :notes: :sunglasses: :grin:

3 Likes

I came across this by accident, browsing the World music new releases on Qobuz. I know nothing about Belcirque but I’m enjoying the acoustic band (with trumpet on occasion too) and the singer, Astrid Creve, immensely. Sometimes sung in English and sometimes in French. Has a whimsical quality but they are rather wonderful too.

3 Likes

Probably down to the coloured vinyl

David Sanborn Songs From The Night Before / 1996 Elektra / US CD / 619502

4 Likes

Just finished…

Jakob Bro - Gefiion

Jakob Bro (Guitar), Thomas Morgan (Double Bass) and Jon Christensen (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this Thursday morning with Jakob and love his guitar playing and his compositions, simply beautiful music! … one very sweet album…

4 Likes

Now playing…

Jakob Bro - Streams

Jakob Bro (Guitar), Thomas Morgan (Double-Bass) and Joey Baron (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/44)… continuing on this morning with Jakob, Thomas and Joey and they are sounding sublime! A cool, misty and grey day and this trio just brightens up the day, simply beautiful…

5 Likes