What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

2 x LP - A&M/Polydor 2014 : )

10 Likes

Hi Dread, I especially like the way the dialogue is featured, where Wolf is teaching the ensemble the correct way to play " Little Red Rooster " :+1:

1 Like

Now playing

Greg Copeland - The Tango Bar

Never heard of this guy,which is no real surprise as he only released 3 albums in the last 40 years…:grin:

Album sounds pretty laid back,no surprise giving his production rate…
Anyway,sounds pretty nice with supporting vocals from Caitlin Canty on a couple of tracks.

1 Like

Bob Dylan, Bringing It All Back Home, Highway 61 Revisited. From the cd boxset The Original Mono Recordings.

10 Likes

71aWLhTSsEL.SS500
The Beautiful South - Solid Bronze . Greatest Hits, because I couldn’t decide which of their fine albums to play.

8 Likes

Now playing…

Bill Frisell - Good Dog, Happy Man

Bill Frisell (electric and acoustic guitars, loops and music boxes), Greg Leisz (pedal steel, Dobro, lap steel, Weissenborn, National steel guitar and mandolin), Wayne Horvitz (organ, piano, samples), Viktor Krauss (bass), Jim Keltner (drums and percussion) and Ry Cooder (electric guitar, Ripley guitar on “Senandoah”).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on through the noon hour will Bill and this talented group of musicians with this beautiful album and they are sounding sublime! One sweet album…

12 Likes

Lemon Jelly Lemonjelly.ky / 2000 XL Recordings / UK CD / IFXLCD139

3 Likes

Donald Fagen - 2021 The Nightfly Live

Thank you @GeoffC!

12 Likes

Jackson Browne - For Everyman

12 Likes

Aphex Twin - Ventolin

3 Likes

Jesse Ed Davis

He’s played guitar for the good and the great - the supporting cast on this album is monumental.

2 Likes

10 Likes

Pic taken in the Heathrow Tunnel which was shut for the occasion

8 Likes

6 Likes

A very serious version. I am missing the playfulness of Tharraud’s version or the drive of Glenn Gould…., while it does have it’s moments. Looking forward to the version of David Fray which is scheduled for release.

4 Likes

71LjodzL++L.SS500
Boz Scaggs - Silk Degrees.

16 Likes

Newly purchased CD ripped and playing. Great stuff!

11 Likes

Chris Connor, sings lullaby of Birdland. Thank you again @TheKevster. Wonderful. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

4 Likes

I believe he’s on the album Concert for Bangladesh George Harrison.

1 Like