What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Jennifer Koh - Bach and Beyond.

4 Likes

Lisa Mills, I’m changing. :blush:

8 Likes

Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers, Greatest Hits. Qobuz. Mu-so Qb 2.

15 Likes

The BB King Blues Band - The Soul of the King

15 Likes

Good Morning @anon23112058 rather than spend the time adding a Wikipedia entry link to every one of your posts, it would be more interesting to give us a personal opinion of the recording or reason for your choice.

No problem with adding factual stuff - I do it myself with CD Catalogue information and musicians to point to the exact copy I am listening to for those who might want a reference - with your posts it is a bit like a computer is trying to educate us!

2 Likes

29 Likes

Miles Davis - In a Silent Way

I’m going to have to work out the guitar parts from the title track/It’s About That Time. Marvellous music and great SQ.

21 Likes

I tend to tread carefully in this thread as I do not wish to come across as being too out spoken with my opinions. My approach is to keep a low profile and continue posting albums whilst resuming my daily activities. I have noticed that some people have clicked on the Wikipedia links so I would like to continue for the benefit of those that find it useful.

Let’s say for example that I post a Slayer album and describe it as “high octane fuel that burns as hot as the sun”, I’m pretty sure that it will still only garner attention from those that already like the band to begin with. Nevertheless, I shall endeavour to throw in the occasional description since you have been so kind to make a request :relaxed:

5 Likes

Why? Because I have earwax buildup issues X)

Not really, but sometimes it’s great to wander a long way from your musical comfort zone

2 Likes

Pitchshifter - www.pitchshifter.com.
Where industrial rock collides with the twisted and distorted world of Pitchshifter :relaxed:

www.pitchshifter.com - Wikipedia

2 Likes

Amusingly titled :grin:

No!..dont…

20211018_111125
:heart:

2 Likes

Hi Ripley And @TheKevster, Greg Kofi Brown has his fingers in numerous musical pies, he also has a band Together As One worth checking whom I saw locally a few years back and met him afterwards, nice guy.

Kevster, is he on the new Osibisa album?
Cheers

Dire Straits - Love Over Gold
The Studio Albums 1978-1991 cd box set

32 Likes

The Very Tall Band - Recorded Live At The Blue Note 1998 (Telarc DSD CD)

Prompted by a recent post from @GeoffC

8 Likes

Hi I find your Wiki descriptions very helpful there is so much music out there it is difficult to decide what to pick to listen to.

From a personal point of view I bookmark albums that take my fancy and the “like” them after I’ve listened to them unless I am already familiar with it and truly “like” it

Keep listening

5 Likes

Snot - Get Some.
Unrestrained energy similar to the likes of Korn and Slipknot :relaxed:

2 Likes

From last nights selection of stuff to listen to today whilst moving 3 tonnes of sand up a hill

Need a bit of light hearted energy

This fits the bill nicely - reminds of Helloween and Gloryhammer

Dragonforce - Valley of the Damned

2 Likes

3 Likes

Hi @Dreadatthecontrols My Dad has The Very Tall Band CD, so I’ll take a listen to that on my next visit. He has quite a few TELARC label releases and they all sound great, as do their parent label
Concord discs, which are of course managed by Craft Recordings.

1 Like

Wish you the very best with the biopsy.