What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Just wondering if this is the first mention of Ivor on the forum.

Given what some people listen to - this would blow their minds

4 Likes

Bob Dylan, Blonde on Blonde. It can’t be much better than this!

16 Likes

On CD:-

617Zbl5EM0L._AC_1

Duran Duran - Decade

3 Likes

Lee Perry - Dub Triptych (Trojan/Tidal MQA)

3 Classic albums compiled on CD/Stream and the only way to hear the original Upsetters 14 Blackboard Jungle Dub mix without spending a bankers bonus on an original JA 1st issue. Confusingly titled here simply Black Board Jungle Dub. Confusing because after the original Upsetter JA pressing titled Upsetter 14…subsequent re issues titled Blackboard Jungle Dub had a different mix and track listing but this Trojan comp IS the proper mix.

:heart:

4 Likes

Going back to 1990, Loose Ends - Look How Long

1 Like

Haven’t played this in a while, but after hearing Graham Norton play ‘Wish you were here’ this morning it had to get an airing. Despite being bought when I was in my teens it still plays superbly; I have my long departed dad to thank for teaching me how to look after my records.

27 Likes

Found this in errantly in amongst the albums area, might get a spin later.

1 Like

Beatles - Let It Be, vinyl boxed set - an interesting afternoons listening…

All discs near perfect, centred, flat, and only a few clicks & pops over the five discs, and, they all sound very good indeed. Favourite has to be Get Back, as I’d never heard it before so that was fascinating. The Session & Outtakes an interesting companion (double) album but only for the die hard fans I guess, although, I did prefer a couple of these tracks over the final versions. As to the Giles Martin remix, I found the vocals and drums seemed to be enhanced and a little clearer / detailed compared to my old reissue. Considering the overall price and attention to detail elsewhere, I’m lightly disappointed that the (superb) 12” single / EP only comes in plain black Apple sleeve - the design team must have had that day off, but the compensation is the book as it’s stunning, and overall it is a lovely reissue.

15 Likes

And every chance both of these could get played.

3 Likes

Just received my copy on CD. Heartily recommended.

Lana Del Ray - Blue Banisters (2021)

7 Likes

Keith Hudson - The Black Breast Has Produced Her Best, Flesh Of My Skin, Blood Of My Blood (VP/Tidal MQA)

First listen to this hard to find masterpiece, blending psychedelia, Jazz, african roots, nyabhinghi (with Count Ossie And The Mystic Revelation Of Rastafari) Funk, Dub and Reggae.

SQ is what it is but the vibe flows through

Keith-Hudson-Flesh-Of-My-Skin-Blood-Of-My-Blood
Back-Flesh-Of-My-Skin-Blood-Of-My-Blood-1

3 Likes

Gregory Porter - Take Me To The Alley

What a voice!

16 Likes

As long as its NOT Blues Alley know…warrrimean?:wink:

2 Likes

Little bit of Rio

5 Likes

New addition this week, never heard it before…lovely album!

19 Likes

Been a tough old day! But now the beef stew is cooking slowly in the oven, a glass of red is poured, so time to settle down with the 1997 Classic Records 200g pressing of this:

29 Likes

The Killers - Pressure Machine. Less stadium bombast, and a much more reflective tone for their latest album.

8 Likes

Count Ossie And The Mystic Revelation Of Rastafari - (Soul Jazz/Tidal)

Just had to follow Keith Hudson with Soul Jazz’s lovely re issue of Tales Of Mozambique

20211023_184542

Dont know if I’m going bonkers, but Nigerian Reggae reminds me of Tom Hark ( I think) by The Piranahs

2 Likes

Kyle Carey - The Art Of Forgetting

Gaelic Americana she calls her music and that covers it pretty well.

2 Likes