What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

1st run

1 Like

Now playing…

Anouar Brahem - Souvenance: Music for Oud, Quartet and String Orchestra

Anouar Brahem (Oud), François Couturier (Piano), Klaus Gesing (Bass Clarinet), Björn Meyer (Bass) and Pietro Mianiti (Orchestra della Svizzera Italiana).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off today, during the noon hour, with one of my favorite albums from Anouar. It is simply a beautiful album written in time of, as the album description states, “The music of Souvenance, by turns graceful, hypnotic, and taut and starkly dramatic…" I do love this album and it is sounding sublime!

8 Likes

Nurse With Wound’s hugely influential first album Chance Meeting On A Dissecting Table Of A Sewing Machine And An Umbrella.

When I was at school back in the late 1970s I had the chance to buy one of the original United Dairies numbered edition records. Given how much thery go for these days, I wish I had!

3 Likes

LP - Epic Records 2013 Analogue Productions reissue : )

<<>>

Double Trouble

Stevie Ray Vaughan – guitar, vocals, drums on “Empty Arms”
Tommy Shannon – bass, vocals on “Say What!”
Chris Layton – drums, vocals on “Say What!”
Reese Wynans – keyboards, vocals on “Say What!”
Additional personnel
Joe Sublett – saxophone on “Lookin’ Out the Window” and “Look at Little Sister”

Recorded at the Dallas Sound Lab in 1985, and released o 30th September 1985

20 Likes

The New Tony Williams Lifetime Believe It / 2004 Columbia / EU CD / 5128982

Tony Williams Drums
Allan Holdsworth Guitar
Tony Newton Bass
Alan Pasqua Piano, Clavinet

9 Likes

My wife recently read an article about a guy who collects LPs on the proviso that the album art is terrible…regardless of genre or musical content.

This one caught my eye as being particularly cheesy but I felt compelled to give it a listen.

Sadly, it is not available on Qobuz but this one was…

The cover is nowhere near as (insert your own word here) but both my wife and I found the content strangely entertaining - go on, give it a go!

Cheers,

Ian

2 Likes

Suzanne Vega, solitude standing. :relaxed:

19 Likes

Oh blimey Kev, where next then. Across to la belle France for a dose of Lard Free perhaps?

1 Like

Streaming this

Greg Foat group.
Rather fine.

3 Likes

An understatement - Greg is a god as far as I concerned. Just get his whole catalogue.

1 Like

4a9ea267d6c8ca628ed12e5afccf4b27
Paul Carrack - Blue Views, includes a re-recording of “How Long”, his former band Ace’s biggest hit.

7 Likes

Fred Simon Dreamhouse / 2000 naim / Austria CD / naimcd044

A spin of another great Fred Simon release.

4 Likes

OK then – here’s M. Artmann and company on a 1970 LP:

2 Likes

You and your missus should seek some sort of counselling while there’s still time. Has the dog left the house yet?:rofl::joy:

3 Likes

La ragazza fuori strada - by Piero Umiliani

1 Like

Long day. Unwinding with Barry Lopez - Arctic Dreams. And a bit of Buena Vista Social Club.

11 Likes

7 Likes

4 Likes

6 Likes

Folder

21 Likes