What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Good mix of tunes. Not aware of this before. Ta for the heads up.

1 Like

Cant believe theres a dedicated Adele thread here, must be a lot of forum members who enjoy her particular brand of self pitying, self centred mawkish tearjerking. I’ve had a divorce, boohoo crying-drinking
:disappointed_relieved:

12 Likes

Public Service Broadcasting - The Race For Space, very atmospheric album, especially " The Other Side ", where even though the outcome is known, there is still plenty of suspense.

13 Likes

Ashley Monroe, like a rose. Feel like some country tunes this morning down under. :relaxed:

6 Likes

Pretty sure she was trying to save her hat from being blown away by the sandstorm. But there is a silver lining in that peril. :relieved:

1 Like

Have several in the Hotel Costes series, not had a bad one yet! :notes::+1::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Adele, hello it’s me!

Sorry I couldn’t help it. :joy:

3 Likes

Love that album! I was playing it earlier. One of my go to albums when listening to new equipment.

Wonderfully relaxing tunes. In amongst my live rock addiction, smooth jazz and chill out music definitely still have a home.

5 Likes

LP - Fat Possum Records : )

Calvin Jackson - drums
Kenny Brown - guitar
R.L. Burnside - guitar, vocals

Recorded at Junior Kimbrough’s juke joint, Chulahoma, Mississippi, and at Fat Possum World Headquarters, Oxford, Mississippi, in April 1993.
Mixed at Quad Studios, New York, New York.

<<>>

R.L.Burnside was born on this day in 1926

born in Lafayette County, Mississippi :us:

R.L.Burnside 1926-2005

13 Likes

I was very surprised how good it was. Tracks cowritten with David Paich of Toto apparently

Blondie, the best of Blondie. Now this is a much better telephone call. :sunglasses:

15 Likes

Fully agree @Biggles it’s one of his best solos in my opinion

1 Like

It was being played a lot on jazz fm about 20 years ago, and I fell in love with it then. When Jazz FM included smooth jazz, before they spun off smooth fm.

:+1:

Excellent album from Scottish folkie, more mellow than folkie though, in a good way.

3 Likes

Just trying this out from Morphine, entitled Good, and its not bad. Bluesy jazz with lots of sax. ‘You look like rain’ a belter of a track. Enjoyable!

5 Likes

Talk_Talk_-_Spirit_of_Eden_cover

16 Likes

Adele - 30 - WAV CD rip
Another listen to Adele’s new one. Yep a breakup album, but I think she’s produced a set of fine songs, and sings them really well. Since I realised that’s actually her son in the dialogue I’m finding that song uncomfortable, otherwise I’m really enjoying the album.

3 Likes

I really like this!

12 Likes