What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Now playing…

Katie Melua - Piece By Piece

Katie Melua (Guitar, Piano, Vocals), Mike Batt (Piano), Adrian Brett (Flute), Jim Cregan (Guitar), Mick Darcy (Violin), Martin Ditcham (Percussion), Dominic Glover (Trumpet), Tim Harries (Bass), The Irish Film Orchestra (Orchestra), Paul Jones (Harmonica), Chris Karan (Percussion), Peter Knight (Mandolin), Craig Pruess (Sitar), Chris Spedding (Guitar) and Henry Spinetti (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on through the noon hour with this 2005 album from Katie and she and the band are sounding mighty fine!

18 Likes

711YdCoEAXL.SS500
Dire Straits - Live At The BBC.

12 Likes

Tangerine dream phaedra

14 Likes

Nightwish, Imaginaerum (tour edn). Feeling conflicted because I want to try out so many mentioned in this thread I haven’t listened to before. But… I really want to play this. :relieved:

6 Likes

Elizabeth & The Catapult - sincerely, e
CD|2021

1 Like

Not come across Fleet Foxes before but really enjoying this whilst cooking evening meal.

2 Likes

Glad you are enjoying! You can’t go wrong with any of their back catalogue but probably best to go back to their eponymously titled first album after this.

2 Likes

12 Likes

Listening to Carolin No on Tidal. But played it that much I now bought their CD’s

1 Like

91uvbG-kEWL.SS500
The Monkees Greatest Hits, Mike Nesmith RIP, an idiosyncratic talent.

21 Likes

Hi CD,
Is this a streaming only release?

Thanks,
pat

I just had a quick look and Rough Trade are selling it on vinyl so looks like widely available. ATB

1 Like

Archie Shepp & Horace Parlan ‎– Trouble In Mind
CD

Archie Shepp - tenor sax & soprano sax
Horace Parlan - piano

Recorded February 6, 1980. It appears to be released on CD in 1986.

5 Likes

Thanks! It looks like it is being released in the US on May 27, 2022. Pre-ordered so I have a nice surprise in the mailbox. :slight_smile:

best regards,
pat

1 Like

Editors - Violence is an excellent album. The Blank Mass version is very interesting too.

Now playing…

Sting - The Bridge

Sting (Bass, Double Bass, Fretless Bass, Guitar, Guitar Synthesizer), Handclapping, Keyboards, Piano, Synthesizer, Vocals), Laila Biali (Vocals), Gavin Brown (Guitar), Maya Jane Coles (Drum Programming, Synthesizer), Josh Freese (Drums), Donal Hodgson (Drum Programming, Percussion Programming), Manu Katché (Drums), Martin Kierszenbaum (Brass Arrangement, Drum Programming, Guitar, Handclapping, Keyboards, Organ, Percussion, Piano, String Arrangements, Synthesizer, Synthesizer Bass), Tony Lake (Synthesizer), Jo Lawry (Vocals), Branford Marsalis (Saxophone), Dominic Miller (Guitar, Percussion), Melissa Musique (Vocals), Gene Noble (Vocals), Fred Renaudin (Synthesizer), Shaggy (Handclapping), Julian Sutton (Melodeon) and Peter Tickell (Fiddle).

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… continuing on this afternoon with Sting as I begin today’s exercise routine and he and the band are sounding mighty sweet!

13 Likes

71I0-bbDrtL.SS500
Neil Diamond - 12 Songs, seems fairly straightforward, unless you have the version with 14 tracks :thinking:
Decent collaboration with Rick Rubin, steering him away from MOR mush.

16 Likes

9 Likes

Flux Flou de la Foule - Françoiz Breut.

Streaming. Nice Lockdown Album

Katie Melua, 2020 album no.8 and 2021 acoustic album no.8. Not finished yet but giving these two a good listen. I never liked “A love like that” in the original version. In the acoustic version it is accompanied with simple strings and I much prefer that. It’s a much more intimate experience. Rest of the original album is awesome. So nice to have both. Actually helps me to appreciate the original even more after listening to the acoustic version. :relaxed:

Wonder what’s your opinion.

8 Likes