What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

I bet you like “Notes of Blue.” Yeah, Jay has the voice that just grabs your soul. His writing is stellar too. But yeah, Wilco has developed and experimented. Both are true to whom they are I think, which is why UT has to split. But we have both, and really that is better. Is there another band, pair of songwriters that split and went on to such prolific second bands?

Edit: Yeah…since you said it I went back in order with Son Volt. This is one of my favs too:

1 Like

Gloomy outside so gloomy inside.

G

5 Likes

:+1:t3: :sunglasses:
On vinyl… :notes:

22 Likes
12 Likes

John Coltrane, Blue Train on a suitably blue vinyl pressing.

16 Likes

Balimaya Project - Walo So (Jazz Re:Freshed)

Been enjoying the stream of this since bluecanary first posted it.
First listen to this gramophone record, nice!

:heart:

5 Likes

41o3D+fqhHL.AC (1)
Wings - Venus And Mars, listening to the two disc set.

16 Likes

From the Brilliant Adventure box set: Hours… is not a very good Dame album (it seems a bit meek, almost as if it’s apologising for itself all the time) but there a couple of decent tunes on there.

5 Likes

Best live Feat album.

G

10 Likes

On vinyl… :sunglasses: :+1:t3: :notes:

13 Likes

Looks nice and solid.Dread. What Linn/arm/cartridge set up is that?

1 Like

Just starting to explore Art Pepper, thanks mostly to watching Bosch.

7 Likes

There was a lot of good music in Bosch. Funky looking speakers too.

Art Pepper is very good and I can recommend Meets The Rhythm Section, and Smack Up.

3 Likes

Totally agree, and what a pad overlooking the city.

Although the attention to detail was annoying when they might take a camera angle to show the back of his setup and not a cable connecting anything.

Harry Bosch seemed to solve anything but how did he manage that?

Goliath is another good series.

Thanks for the tips, always useful when getting into a new artist who I have very little knowledge of, really liking what I’m hearing on The Return of Art Pepper on Spotify.

Always makes me shake my head at what ridiculous value the little Yamaha Wx-ad 10 is, never has £125 or so been so well spent, such a good balanced sound.

1 Like

Mr Tweedy live

3 Likes

Nice modern trio jazz

2 Likes

Thanks Dread.Very impressive. Must check my numbers tonight.
It’s about time you fitted a turntable in the cab. Few blobs of blue tak. Solid as a rock.:joy:

1 Like

Mrs Dreads got one…

chrysler-car-record-player
:heart:

4 Likes

On CD:-

51fAegLYsKL._AC_1

Diana Krall - Christmas Songs

15 Likes