What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Pinched the cover from Van

7 Likes

Just downloaded this from Bandcamp.

Lovely voice and slide guitar player a la Bonnie Raitt. With a nice cover at the end of the Faith’s - Can’t Find My Way Home.

4 Likes

So I keep hearing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Also failed to turn up at Led Zep, Knebworth ‘79. Knackered clutch in the middle of Wales. Apparently that was an OK show too 😵‍💫

1 Like

81BknS0DD6L.AC_UY436_QL65

On vinyl… :sunglasses: :notes: :grin:

19 Likes

Oh I can top that. End of my first year at university in 1983 and invited to my tutors Sunday lunchtime drinks. I had never had Pimms before so thinking it was mildly alcoholic lemonade, I drank it in pints. About 5 pm I was contacted by a friend offering a free ticket to see Bowie on his Serious Moonlight tour that evening. I was so rat- arsed that I declined and went to bed at about 6 pm. Never saw Bowie live :disappointed:

1 Like

Live/Dead on CD.

10 Likes

The Anchoress | The Art of Losing | 2021
Decent enough but I don’t rate it quite as highly as some of the music media do, perhaps more listening required on my part?

3 Likes

7146gxku+jL.AC_UY436_QL65

On vinyl… :sunglasses: :notes: :grin:

5 Likes

Underworld Beaucoup Fish / 1999 JBO / Japan CD No OBI / V2CI30

8 Likes

Teeth of the Sea | Wraith | 2019
The least hard hitting of the boys albums but no worse for that, this is very fine music from them as ever.

1 Like

Except that Vans album was released a year later in 1977 ?

1 Like

Elvis Christmas Album. RCA 1957.

9 Likes

81gHLWg+YML.SS500
Sting - If On A Winter’s Night, I know Sting is not everybody’s cup of tea, but there is some lovely accompaniment on this album.

9 Likes

Bob Dylan - Christmas In The Heart.

Going back in Dylan’s discography now. It would have been wrong to play in order which would have been mid summer. Some great covers and interesting takes on old carols.

Merry Christmas to you all and thanks for the recommendations. :christmas_tree::wine_glass:

9 Likes

Shelby Lynne, identity crisis. :relaxed:

10 Likes

10 Likes

Europe 72 by the Dead, on double CD! How I wish I’d seen them on this tour…

12 Likes

Anthony Braxton and standards, what’s there not to like…

2 Likes

18 Likes

Van Morrison - Mechanical Bliss - Various Songs (1974-1975)

As far as “lost” Van Morrison albums go, “Mechanical Bliss” is by far the most famous. This is puzzling to me, because if you’ve been following what I’ve been posting on this blog, Morrison left entire albums’ worth of songs all through the 1970s. There are a number of album titles bandied about, and “Mechanical Bliss” is just one. There hasn’t been any fixed song list for such an album, so various reconstructions are just wild guesses.

Maybe it’s that there was specific cover art that was made - which is the cover I’m using here. Since the cover was never used, Steely Dan bought the artwork and used it for their “Royal Scam” album.

7 Likes