What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Look Sharp Roxette, Vinyl. Dug this out as I read only a couple of days ago that Marie Fredriksson died in 2019. I have a soft spot for Roxette, just catchy Pop. Prefer the Joyride album I think.

5 Likes

Deacon Blue

Riding On The Tide Of Love

Edward

5 Likes

and now

Radiohead - The King of Limbs

not listened to it for quite a long time !!

15 Likes

Spinning God.
Are these the three best Clapton albums?

Eric Clapton - August

Eric Clapton - Journeyman

Eric Clapton - Pilgrim

9 Likes

Takacs Quartet - Bartok - The Six String Quartets Qobuz

Enjoying this tip from @Clive.

Phil

4 Likes

1993, Sarah records. East River Pipe, Goodbye California.

I’ve focused in on 92-94 in Roon. Rediscovering some gems.

.sjb

1 Like

Interestingly, after playing the Takáks version of no. 5, I played the full series by the Emerson Quartet, which I find preferable as the Takáks Quartet approach the work with more attack, which I found a bit tiresome. Even better might be the Alban Berg Quartet, which seem to generate a rounded, more emotional feel, although that might not be what Bartók intended.

1 Like

Modern Kosmology - by Jane Weaver. This is from 2017 and continues her German inspired electronic pop. Confirmed by an appearance from Can’s Malcolm Mooney!

6 Likes

I didn’t find it tiresome, but the volume was not high.

Phil

I was sat next to the cello, so it was at realistic levels here!

1 Like

Agreed, and there’s so much Zep in TMWSTW, to me anyway!

1 Like

Now playing…

Eleni Karaindrou - Concert in Athens

Eleni Karaindrou (Piano), Kim Kashkashian (Viola), Jan Garbarek (Tenor Saxophone), Vangelis Christopoulos (Oboe), Camerata Orchestra: Alexandros Myrat, Sergiu Nastasa (Violin), Stella Gadedi (Flute), Marie-Cécile Boulard (Clarinet), Sonia Pisk (Bassoon), Vangelis Skouras (French Horn), Maria Bildea (Harp), Dinos Hadjiiordanou (Accordion) and Aris Dimitriadis (Mandolin).

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… Kicking off this gray, overcast and cold Saturday morning with Eleni’s album ‘Concert in Athens’ and she and the talented group of musicians are sounding mighty fine! This is one very sweet album…

2 Likes

Have you got ‘Live In London 1968’ Kev? That is a brilliant album. I’ve two copies, one a bit better than the other but I could do with a new copy to be honest.

1 Like

That moment when you’re scanning for what to play next and an album jumps right out at you shouting PLAY ME!

S U B L I M E

G

21 Likes

20 Likes

Do you mean the Peel recording from May '68 Ian?

Bruce Hornsby. The Way It Is. Vinyl.

91DYhJiTS+L.SY355

14 Likes

David Bowie

ChangesOneBowie

Edward

26 Likes

Again another new on for me but again enjoying it.

Probably my most played Scofield.

G

1 Like